Global Variables in a Page List

sabzamsabzam Member Posts: 1,149
edited 2012-07-30 in NAV Three Tier
Dear All,

I have got a new list page on top of which I have created three global variable which are to be filled up by the user. This means it looks like an invoice but the header part is made up of global variable whilst the page part of the invoice in reality is the actual page. The issue is that when the user sets the global variable and the pointer is set for the first record in the list there is no issue. But when the user changes the pointer on the list the global variables are set initialised to blank. When returning back the pointer to the first record the values in the global variables surface up again. It seems that the global variable is tied to the record in the list but the setup is definitely not like that. Has anyone got any idea what this may be as I have been looking into it for ages and could not find why this is happening.

Thanks

Steve

Comments

• mihail_kolevmihail_kolev Member Posts: 379
    That's why it is a list page :) . The global variable is attached to every record, it is the same as if you put it in the repeater area. Change the page type to Card. (I'm not sure right now, but i think ListPlus will work too)
    -Mihail- [MCTS]
  • sabzamsabzam Member Posts: 1,149
    I see thought so, it's different form the forms where a global variable would not be related to the actual records. By any chance is it possible to set the repeater to read from a global variable rather than from the base table?
  • VyacheslavVyacheslav Member Posts: 5
    The issue can be solved very simple way - just add CurrPage.UPDATE to OnValidate trigger of the controls that contain global variables.
  • mvillatoromvillatoro Member Posts: 1
    Vyacheslav is correct.