Subform calling main form

sabzamsabzam Member Posts: 1,149
Dear All,

Can a subform in some way or another call the main form?

Comments

• crisnicolascrisnicolas Member Posts: 177
    sure yo can... just create a variable of type form, pointing the form you want, and call it's functions or run it... but... it will be a different instance of the form...
  • einsTeIn.NETeinsTeIn.NET Member Posts: 1,050
    I don't know if your question belongs to NAV Three Tier but take a look at this topic http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22564.

Or you could try by SendKeys explained in this topic http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=136085.
    "Money is likewise the greatest chance and the greatest scourge of mankind."
  • sabzamsabzam Member Posts: 1,149
    That's the issue I need to call the proper form rather than just the form of the main form. Therefore I need something of the sort currform.(subformname).form.(function). This can be used for the main form to call the current subform but I do not know how I could get the same thing the other way round.
    The only way I know is to use a singleinstance codeunit and RUNMODAL for the form. But in that case you can't use NAV until you closed the form.

Perhaps you should think about redesign your application.
  • pdjpdj Member Posts: 643
    Or you could use the OnTimer trigger on the main form to call a function on the subform every few ms.
    Or move all the code from the form to a single instance codeunit, and use it from both the main-form and sub-form. (But then you should ensure the main form is only open once or be able to support it)

Depends what you are trying to do...
    Regards
    Peter
  • aseigleaseigle Member Posts: 207
    are you trying to update a header with a value from the line?
  • sabzamsabzam Member Posts: 1,149
    Actually I need to trigger a function onto the main form once a record is modified in the subform.
    sabzam wrote:
    Actually I need to trigger a function onto the main form once a record is modified in the subform.
    Obviously you're working on classic client, don't you? Then I think you have to redesign your application. A function on a main form that has to be called by a subform isn't a proper application design. And you have to bear in mind that in future (RTC) you won't have any function on GUI.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    sabzam wrote:

Move the code to the table in the sub form and have it triggered there.
    David Singleton
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    [Topic moved from 'NAV Three Tier' forum to 'NAV/Navision Classic Client' forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!