OLE contol or automation error

vicky_dadavicky_dada Member Posts: 106
Hi Friends,

I was trying to send mail through one my smtp server and it was worrking fine, I wanted to experiment the same for gmail with "SMTP.gmail.com",I tried changing the port from 25 to 587 to make it work for gmail. I was going through one of the links "http://gotcal.com/index.php/2010/06/smtp-mail-functionality-in-pre-dynamics-nav-5-version/" and run the application mentioned in the link. it did not work and suddenly I see that earlier working smtp server is not working for sending mails from navision , I get the message "The message is for C/AL programers could not invoke the memeber send. The OLE control or automation server returned an unknown error code". I have NAV 2009 SP1 running in my system. :|

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but before experimenting with system registers, I would like to hear from you. Please comment

Comments

• vicky_dadavicky_dada Member Posts: 106
    it was reselecting the right automation variable in CU 400 for Mail variable it is "'Microsoft Dynamics NAV Mail Helper'.SmtpMessage" and solved

\:D/
  • bharethbhareth Member Posts: 55
    Hi Vicky ,

can i know what integer parameter you have passed after mapping the Mail variable to "'Microsoft Dynamics NAV Mail Helper'.SmtpMessage"

" Result :=
    Mail.Send(
    "SMTP Server",Authentication <> SMTPMailSetup.Authentication::Anonymous,"User ID", Password','PARAMTER ??');

Thanks,
    Bhareth