Two Servers

Horse06Horse06 Member Posts: 496
Hi Experts. We are using the Navisin 4.0. and recenlty we plan to upgrade the server to windows 7. We will have two servers. One operating system is XP (service pack2) as a backup server in case something is wrong and we can go back to the XP, and another one with windows 7 (service pack3) as the production server. If we we are using the windows 7 as the daily production server, is it possible to copy the backup of the data files from the windows 7 server to the XP server?
Is it possible for the clients to connect to XP without any errors after the clients connected to windows 7.
Appreciat it!

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Never use desktop OS as server in production environment! It is wrong usage of the tools you have. I assume you are using Native DB server. You can use HOTCOPY tool to cop the DB...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Horse06Horse06 Member Posts: 496
    Thank you for your response! How to use the HOTCOPY? I will search the forum to get some information, but I want to get your expert's advice before I do it. Appreciate it!!
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Best is to use the documentation on install CD. There is section about the hotcopy.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.