Bank Reconciliation problem, won't balance

MindieMindie Member Posts: 124
I am having trouble with a Bank Reconciliation. I feel like I must be missing something obvious so I'd like some outside ideas.

The database is 5.0 sp1 US version. The database has very few modifications and none of them affect this area. They have a very small number of transactions. The bookkeeper also puts all bank transactions into Quickbooks and verifies that the balance of the bank account in NAV matches the balance of the bank account in QuickBooks.

This month she could not reconcile the bank account in NAV but could reconcile it in QuickBooks. The balance was the same for each program on the beginning and ending of the month. They each have the same transactions. I double checked each item checked and unchecked and compared them to what was present in QuickBooks. They were identical. Then I checked the G/L entries for that G/L Account. All of the transactions were properly posted to the bank account. I've also checked the pos/negative signs of all transactions. There aren't any fees or adjustments added or that need to be added. If I add an adjustment to force a balance then it will change the balance of the account and it will no longer be in sync with QuickBooks.

At this point I'm stuck. I can't think of anything else to check.

If you have an idea please let me know

Comments

• ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Check if any filters are applied on the reco. lines.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • MindieMindie Member Posts: 124
    I did that. I even deleted the bank rec and recreated it twice.
  • BenSydneyBenSydney Member Posts: 56
    Have you checked the posting dates of the transactions?

Cheers,
    Ben
    I checked the dates too.
    There has to be something, anything else that I can check.
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Is the amount shown in Total Balance matching with Statement Ending Balance?
    Is amount shown in Balance Last Statement correct as per last reconciliation?
    Is the Balance Last Statement+Transactions in the reco. lines add up to Total Balance?
    Is Applied amount in the lines matching with the actual transaction amount in Bank Statement?

I wonder if anything more can be suggested from my end.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    The problem is within the data, not the bank reconcilation.

If you really checked everything, I just don't see how the forum can help you unless you upload the client's database. Or you can recreate this in the Cronus database.
    ssingla - I think I checked those things but I will check again. I might have glossed over a couple of those.

Alex - I am hoping that I just missed something obvious to look for. I know it has to be in the data. I am just looking for different ways to look at it.