Updating Inventory Analysis by Dimension

xSwazixSwazi Member Posts: 31
Hi,

Our customer forgot to put the Dimension values against some items. We are trying to back date these for Inventory Analysis by Dimension.

I have done a test for 1 item. When we update tables 32 Item Ledger Entry and Table 5802 Value entry, reIndex, and recreate the Analysis views based on those two Dimensions, the new values are not being picked up at all in 7154 Item Analysis View Entry Table.

I know all this runs through codeunit 7150, but I can not see why the values entered are not being used? :-k

Any help appreciated.

Thank you.

Comments

• FDickschatFDickschat Member Posts: 380
    Did you update T355 "Ledger Entry Dimension" also?
    Frank Dickschat
    FD Consulting
  • xSwazixSwazi Member Posts: 31
    No thankyou I will try. I thought this was for GL only, but I see it is for Value entry and more.
    Hi,

I have updated table 355 too and still it is not being updated? Anyone know why please?
  • jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    The view only updates the Analysis view with new posting if you have the auto update turned on.

It doesn't update or create new entries you have forced into the background.

You are better off deleting all of the entries it has created in the analysis view (tbl 7514) and recreating the entries from scratch.

Warning this can take a long time depending upon how much data it has so maybe do it overnight.
    Hi,

Thankyou.

I did clear out all the anaysis views and recreate them from Scratch. However, none of the dimensions are feeding through?????
  • jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    When you go to an ILE/Value entry click line Dimensions can you actually see the entries there as well.

Whe you created these entries via the back door the main difficulty is you have to make sure the entry number you gave it matches.

Other wise select Fin management > inventory > Analysis and Reporting > Setup > analsysis View card.

Is the Last entry field = 0 or how many lines do you see?

if there is no lines hit the update button to make it update the analysis view manually via the job.