Options

Using Nav app server as webservice proxy

gilbertgilbert Member Posts: 11
edited 2010-11-10 in NAV Three Tier
Hi!

we're working on a three tier enviroment (Nav 2009), using a Point of Sale developed on .net as a client to connect to Navision (18 months on production environment).

Now we need to call a function from the .net POS on a published codeunit on the Nav App Server. This function calls an external webservice, using XmlDoc and XmlHttpRequest. At this point everything works fine, the function run OK if it's called from Classic client and from .net app too.

The problem:

In our tests from .net app if we've 2 or more users call this function, the Nav App Server not responds as a multithread service, and the calls to the external web service are processed one by one, generating a queue and timeout errors.

I'm waste a lot of time tunning the function on the published codeunit and finding info on mibuso forum or googling, but no exit, can you help me?

Thank you very much! And sorry my bad english...

Gilbert.

Answers

• Options
    gilbertgilbert Member Posts: 11
    Well, I find the solution by myself!

The problem are the automation variables XMLDOM and XMLRequest that codeunit function use to call the external webservice. This automation objects are not compatible with multi threading environment (nav app server).

The solution:

Make custom dll that call the external web service and use it in the Navision codeunit instead XMLDOM automation.

It Works! :D

Bye!