Options

Navision consumption of Navision Webservice

prototyperprototyper Member Posts: 70
edited 2010-12-06 in NAV Three Tier
While there seems to be an awful lot of documentation on the setting up NAV 3-tier I still cannot get my Navision to consume a Navision webservice. The resulting failure is "The user ID and password are invalid. Try again".

This is on a 3-tier and I can see via the event logs that the 2nd tier (WS) is connecting the the 3rd tier (SQL) using the correct credentiials.
There seems to be a lot of varying documentation on the syntax of SPN. I have added some but I am not sure if they have been added correctly - or infact if this is even my problem.

If my SLQ Server is SQLSERVER, my SQL Instance is SQLInstance, my database is SQLDB my credentials are DOMAIN/USER and my webservice is set to use port 7048, What SPN(s) should I be adding.

When adding delegation do I add this to the 2nd tier computer or the 3rd tier? And do I add the user/Computer of the DOMAIN/USER or of the SQLServer?

Any other suggestions or thought would also be appreciated. ](*,)
Sleep on it... The best solutions come at 2am

Comments

• Options
    kamranshehzadkamranshehzad Member Posts: 165
    you will have to provide credentials to your service object to consume it.

eg:
    ICredentials credentials = new NetworkCredential("user", "password", "domain");
    EECustomerService eeCustomerService = new EECustomerService();
    eeCustomerService.UseDefaultCredentials = false;
    eeCustomerService.Credentials = credentials;
    eeCustomerService.Url = Url;
    CustomerService = eeCustomerService;

hope this works.

regards
    KS
  • Options
    prototyperprototyper Member Posts: 70
    Thanks.

I am trying to consume a Navision webservice from within Navision, without .net code.
    I am having this issue even though I am setting the credentials using the following code
    SoapHttpConnector.Property('AuthUser', 'domain\user');
    SoapHttpConnector.Property('AuthPassword', 'password');

Any other thoughts or suggestions? ](*,)
    Sleep on it... The best solutions come at 2am
  • Options
    rksaurabhrksaurabh Member Posts: 18
    Hi
    check whether that database is having windows authentication or not with which ID you are trying to open the RTC.