HY024 Error... to supicious candidates....

mortenmorten Member Posts: 7
Hi

Upgrading from 4.03 to 2009SP1 at a client, client will use RTC and some classic (for reports and so on)

RTC is working fine, but users on Windows XP and users on 2003 Terminal services, cannot logon to SQL with the classic client,all others work in bot classic and rtc.

Here is my candidates... please let me know if you have any information:

- The network is segmentet unusually, with a netmask of 255.255.240.0, servers and clients are on different, but clients with Windows 7 is working, while on different subnet.
- SQL Driver, could it be that the "native" SQL driver on Windows XP and Windows 2003 differs from Windows 7 / Windows 2008 in what it supports ?

Appreciate any feedback.

Best regards
Morten

Comments

• SogSog Member Posts: 1,023
    It looks like the network is the candidate.
    While the server for NAV2009 appears to be accessable regardless of what subnet clients/servers are in, the SQL-server is not visible across subnets.
    The windows 7 clients appear to have access on the entire network, while the lower clients do not, check with your network administrator that the SQL -server is on a subnet that is trunkated so that it is accessable from the entire network. Probably some setup copying from the NAV2009 -server-service.
    |Pressing F1 is so much faster than opening your browser|
    |To-Increase|
  • mortenmorten Member Posts: 7
    Hi an update....

The Windows XP computers still will not work, even on the same subnet.

I craeted a new db from XP, restored Cronus, and connected. But still cannot connect to the production database on the same server.

There, 2 new canditates;

- There is something wrong with the production database, which only reflects on Windows XP / Windows 2003 clients
    - There is some kind of security issue between windows xp / windows 2008r2 w/sql r2.

Will do further testing tonight.

Morten
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Have you tried to set the network protocol to TCP/IP manually in the client when connecting to the server? May be that default is named pipes which have problems to connect between networks...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • mortenmorten Member Posts: 7
    Tried all ...

Have tried to restore a new database both from w2008 and win7 and winxp, but cannot replicate the problem in a new database.

So final conclusion is that there is some kind of corruption some place in the internals of of the database.

Will therefore just do a backup/restore to a new database and delete the original database.

It is still kind mysterious though.....

Morten
  • lagersjeflagersjef Member Posts: 57
    Hi,
    did you find any solution on this?

I am having the exact same problem. I get the same error message when trying to log on via NAV 2009 SP1 classic on Win XP. 2009 rtc works like a charm. I get the same error message for all NAV 2009 databases on the server (including clean Cronus-databases).

When I try to connect via the rtc from any of the XP machines, I connect without a problem to all databases. It is worth mentioning that the NAV Server service resides on that same server as the SQL/database server. From that I think it is fair to deduct that there shouldn't be any network problems.

Machines with Windows 7 can connect to the databases without a problem from both classic and rtc.
  • lagersjeflagersjef Member Posts: 57
    My issue was solved by installing a fix on XP according to this article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.as ... -us;954920

Kudos to MS Partner support!