Options

Connecting to NAV 2009 Web Services without Authentication

SteveKnottSteveKnott Member Posts: 47
edited 2010-11-10 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,

I have a sceanario at a client where we are unable to authenticate via Windows Authentication from the middleware.

We have setup and tested webservices in IIS, and the only option we can get to work is Basic Authentication.

We have a 2 box setup.

Box 1: AD
Box 2: SQL and NAV 2009

I have run the Best Practises Analyzer and got a full report.

I can connect to the NAV WEb services via WCFStorm Lite with Impersonation with no problem, so the webservices are up and functioning fine.

I have read in the Directions USA webservices session about a "Service Bus" and "Web Services proxy", but am not 100% sure if these will be standard components, or need to be custom written.

We do not want to have to do development on the system to get the Web services to work.

The webservices will be access by middleware that will have full permissions to the webservices, i.e. we don't mind hardcoding a username and password, but cannot do this in the middleware.

Does anyone have any idea's on a method we could follow to expose these webservices directly and generically, without building a proxy per service ?

Any more information needed can be provided

Thanks,
Steve

Comments

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    If you cannot authenticate with any of the supported protocols, you need to use some proxy. There is no way around in NAV.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    SteveKnottSteveKnott Member Posts: 47
    Thanks... the answer I was expecting.. but really not hoping for.. ;)

Will get started building proxies.. ;)