Buying Service From Vendors

HayanHayan Member Posts: 110
Dear All,

Does anybody has dealt with buying services from a vendor, ( buying cleaning services, auditing services, etc....).
(i dont want to use the GL Account on the PO Line)

I Have noticed that we can creat an item and we idnetify it as NONSTOCK on the the PO Line, If I do so( Creat a service as an item and specify it as NONSTOCK ON PO LINE), will it affect my inventory, GL account?
Thanks
Hayan

Comments

• matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    How exactly are you looking for it to be recorded? G/L Accounts are the way to go here. Items are items, they affect the item ledger and the general ledger.
  • HayanHayan Member Posts: 110
    Thats exactly what i was thinking of an i suggested to my client, but he doesn't want to use GL accounts, he want to use like Service Items, and it will affect the GL acct,

i also asked about the effect of using the NonStock field in the PO line?

Thanks for your fast reply.

Hayan
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Every our customer is using G/L Accounts for that, for some exceptions we added functionality to be able to purchase resources. It is another way around. How to enable resources on purchase you can find on other posts.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • rhpntrhpnt Member Posts: 688
    Hayan wrote:
    Thats exactly what i was thinking of an i suggested to my client, but he doesn't want to use GL accounts, he want to use like Service Items, and it will affect the GL acct,

Make it clear to your customer that he/she has bought a "product" and with that he/she agreed to use it "as is".
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    You can modify NAV to allow the user to purchase Resources. I think there's code somehwere in the download section.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    rhpnt wrote:
    Make it clear to your customer that he/she has bought a "product" and with that he/she agreed to use it "as is".

I seriously doubt that that is true.
    David Singleton
    rhpnt wrote:

I seriously doubt that that is true.

Why not?
    Personally, I've never been involved with an NAV implementation that used the product "as is".
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Me too, and I cannot imagine such a customer (or, yes, I could, we had a one customer, using one session NAV only for finance - but still, there were some changes...)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Does "As Is" have literal meaning?
    Yes it does.

Does it applies in the context of the issues raised in this Post?
    No.

Modifications if it means changing caption on reports, adding few fields in the form/reports as per the client requirement then surely I have never done any implementation without customization/ modifications.

By default NAV requires the purchase of services through G/L account and the client should follow it. Compelling business requirement can be the exception but not the wish of the finance manager (who is against the direct use of G/L accounts without any logical reasons).
    In case some people disagree with me then please explain me the difference between the requirements in the current post and
    http://mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=44308
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
    The difference is modifications that affects the core business processes verses cosmetic changes.

Whether something is cosmetic or core business process is really dependant of how the implementor approaches the project.
    ssingla wrote:
    Does "As Is" have literal meaning?
    Yes it does.

Does it applies in the context of the issues raised in this Post?
    No.

Modifications if it means changing caption on reports, adding few fields in the form/reports as per the client requirement then surely I have never done any implementation without customization/ modifications.

By default NAV requires the purchase of services through G/L account and the client should follow it. Compelling business requirement can be the exception but not the wish of the finance manager (who is against the direct use of G/L accounts without any logical reasons).
    In case some people disagree with me then please explain me the difference between the requirements in the current post and
    http://mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=44308

My thoughts in your words... \:D/