Dimension transfer to AP

MubaMuba Member Posts: 2
We are having a problem with division dimensions and AP/AR and cash. There is only one set of dimensions at the header level so if I have expenses on the purchase lines that are tagged with different divisions, AP only gets tagged with the purchase header dimension. The income statement reporting is fine, but the issue arises when we run the balance sheet.

Has anyone found a solution for this or coded a customization?

Comments

• David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Muba wrote:
    We are having a problem with division dimensions and AP/AR and cash. There is only one set of dimensions at the header level so if I have expenses on the purchase lines that are tagged with different divisions, AP only gets tagged with the purchase header dimension. The income statement reporting is fine, but the issue arises when we run the balance sheet.

Has anyone found a solution for this or coded a customization?

Just add some dispersant lines into the PO lines. Type GL, and use the same account number as the Balance sheet account for your vendor. Jut change the dimensions. The way I do this is have the client enter the lines manually for a week or two so they really know what they want, and then write a small piece of code that generates the lines for them once they are sure. Often they decide that its simple enough to keep doing it manually.
    David Singleton