Posting Preview Report

knmknm Member Posts: 170
Hi,

In NAV 2009 SP1, before posting any transactions, is there a default report in the system that users can generate to preview/verify which GL accounts will be affected, with specific amounts?

Ex) Previewing GL entries affected by Sales Invoice with total of $100.00. (and Cost of $50.00)

Sales: CR = $100.00
A/R: DR = $100.00
Inventory: CR = $50.00
COGS: DR = $50.00

Thank you.

Comments

• ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    There is no such report available in standard NAV.
    The postings done by the system will be based on Customer Posting/General Posting/Inventory Posting setup using values defined on Customer and Item (and also Location selected on Sales Header). You can create a custom report.

On a second thought I beleive it is a training issue. If the setups are correctly defined, users have validated them and understood the concept of posting, I see no reason for need of such a report.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • nilesh20nilesh20 Member Posts: 14
    Hello All,

Correction of wrong Entry is needed in all the systems by user it self.

We can not Edit NAV Entries After posting, that is true. but user should know which entry get posted in which account(at initial stage).

That is why i have make one wonderful form on which user post the entry virtually.
    Thanks,
    Nilesh Panchal
    MS Dynamics Techno-Functional Consultant,
    Dhyey Consulting Service Pvt. Ltd.
    npanchal@dhyey.com
  • AdministratorAdministrator Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,499
    [Topic moved from 'NAV Three Tier' to 'NAV/Navision Classic Client' forum]
  • knmknm Member Posts: 170
    Hi,

Thank you for your advice.
    Yes, I was thinking of custom reports for this, but I wanted to make sure if NAV was capable of generating such report or not.

>>ssingla
    I agree with you that if the setup is done correctly, and users understand how NAV functions, then such preview report is not required. But it is possible that users are not that familiar with NAV system and usually those who post Sales and Purchase entries do not have fully accounting knowledge. Thus I was thinking maybe it was a good idea to generate a preview report so that accounting/or managers can view the report and approve of posting the transaction.

Kenji
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    kenji wrote:
    I agree with you that if the setup is done correctly, and users understand how NAV functions, then such preview report is not required. But it is possible that users are not that familiar with NAV system and usually those who post Sales and Purchase entries do not have fully accounting knowledge. Thus I was thinking maybe it was a good idea to generate a preview report so that accounting/or managers can view the report and approve of posting the transaction.
    Kenji

The effort required for preparing the report (though a lot depends upon the nature and complexity of bussiness where NAV is implemented) considering all the accounts with amount generated during posting process will be a huge effort in comparision to effort required for training.
    The main point for consideration (NAV W1 Version)will be :
    a) Type and their control accounts (G/L, Item, Charge Item, Fixed Asset).
    b) VAT account posting.
    c) Discount setup on Sales & Receivables Setup (No Discount, Invoice Discount, Line Discount, All Discount).
    d) Qty to Invoice/Qty to Ship/Return Qty to Receive in case of Order.
    nilesh20 wrote:
    Hello All,

That is why i have make one wonderful form on which user post the entry virtually.
    I wonder how you manage to consider all entries of Indian Taxation (in case this form was build in IN Version)
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in