Excel Export firing Exception (Error)

sakameeransakameeran Member Posts: 52
Hi Experts,
This is Meeran. I m very much new to NAV. In NAV, while trying to export to excel from the following menu, i m getting error. But it is working fine in Cronus (Demo) Database. Menu is, Financial Management --> Fixed Assets --> Fixed Assets (Menu Button) --> (in that) FA Posting Types Overview --> Press Ctrl+E.
The Error is,
XML ERROR in Worksheet Setting
REASON: Bad Value
FILE: C:\Documents and Settings\AhamedMeeran\Local Settings\Temp\FA Posting Types Overview.xml
GROUP: Worksheet
TAG: Table
ATTRIB: ExpandedColumnCount
VALUE: 3

All other Export to Excels are working fine. Do we need to setup anything for this? Please try to give me suggestion to resolve this

Thanks in Advance

Regards
Meeran

Comments

• Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    I would guess you used some character in the Desciption field, which is interpreted differently in Excel.

Try limiting your Fixed Assets, by filtering on FA No., and see if you can export that (limited) list to Excel. If it works, then use a different filter range, and try to export that list to Excel. If this gives the error, you know the problem is somewhere in that ranges of Fixed Assets. Try limiting again etc. until you found the record. What does the field Description contain?
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • sakameeransakameeran Member Posts: 52
    Thank
    I would guess you used some character in the Desciption field, which is interpreted differently in Excel.

Try limiting your Fixed Assets, by filtering on FA No., and see if you can export that (limited) list to Excel. If it works, then use a different filter range, and try to export that list to Excel. If this gives the error, you know the problem is somewhere in that ranges of Fixed Assets. Try limiting again etc. until you found the record. What does the field Description contain?