BT_MarcBT_Marc Member Posts: 30
My C/ODBC connection failed and i Have no Idea why. I checked :

1. Version of Database and C/ODBC
2. User Permission in NAV
3. User and Password
4. Servername / Server IP
5. Path to Program
6. Net Type

everything is corekt but everytime when i want to choose the Company i get the atteched message.

Comments

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Did you check the license?

Granule - 1,700 C/ODBC - 1

In Administrative Tools->ODBC Data Sources - What's your Setup?
    Connection: Server?
    Net Type: TCP?
  • BT_MarcBT_Marc Member Posts: 30
    The License was the Problem thanks a lot !
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    I think of the license as the gas in the car. If the car's not working it's the easiest thing to check.

If you could edit the first post & mark the attribute to solved, that would be great.
  • jdlcphjdlcph Member Posts: 2
    I get the same problem as BT_Marc, but I have checked the TLF files and I seem to have the license.

I get the error message because I am not a super user, which I cannot be as it will enable me to see the books of other entities in our organisation.

Is there a way to setup a user, so that C/ODBC is enabled but restricted to only 1 company. I know that if I have super user status I can setup the drive to one specific company, the problem is that I can just as easily change the driver to another company, which will not be permitted.
  • SogSog Member Posts: 1,023
    yes, select user, goto roles, select super and insert the companyname.
    If you don't want the super to modify his own roles in NAV then there is no standard role for that and you will have to modify permissions
    |Pressing F1 is so much faster than opening your browser|
    |To-Increase|
  • jdlcphjdlcph Member Posts: 2
    Thank you we actually tried that it wasn't quite enough.

We also had to add the role "ALL" without a company name and made sure that among the rights for "ALL" the object "System" was either set to 0 or specified 9130 for C/ODBC.

Now the problem is completely solved