Customer Ledger Entry Error

santoshmkcetsantoshmkcet Member Posts: 229
Dear All,

I ported data of Customer ledger entry into database from the entry no 40000, but when I create an invoice (sales), an error appears "Customer Ledger entry already exists. Entry No. 40000"

So can anybody advice how to get the solution. I think it comes under the properties of Customer Ledger entry table.
Please help on the same.
Thanks & Regards
Santosh
Where Stones can be transformed to Gold

Answers

• chengalasettyvsraochengalasettyvsrao Member Posts: 711
    How did you import the data in to Ledger tables directly ?

It is not the best practice to update the data in to ledger tables , you should import the data in to journals and post , then system will post the data to respective tables automatically.
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Do you have any idea how NAV subledger entries are managed (Customer/Vendor/Bank)? The entry number of subledger is equal to entry number of corresponding entry in general ledger. Now your posting must be trying to insert entry number 40000 in table 17 (G/L Entry) and a corresponding entry in Cust. Ledger Entry.

Last but not the least never import data in posted entry table directly. Always make Journal lines and the post thru. standard NAV process.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • santoshmkcetsantoshmkcet Member Posts: 229
    Dear All,

Whether is there any solution in Properties of the field "Entry No." in Customer Ledger table.

Thanks in advance.
    Thanks & Regards
    Santosh
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    What kind of solution you are looking?
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
    Dear Singh Ji,

Is there any provision where we can set Customer ledger entry no.?

Thanks for your response
    Thanks & Regards
    Santosh
  • bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    As mentioned above, the "Entry No." for Customer Ledger is determined by the corresponding G/L Entry record. This is all handled in codeunit 12 which first determines what the next avalable G/L Entry No. is. It then uses that Entry No. when creatign the Costomer Ledger record. The is no setting or property to control this. It is simply determined by looking at the last enty in table 17.

Loading data directly to protected tables is a major no-no in NAV. Are you an end-user or working for a NSC or other? I ask since customer licenses don't have access to insert records in table 21. Did you do this from outside NAV?
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
    Dear Brown,

Thanks for your support first.

I did the same as you have mentioned and the issue was resolved.

But I would advice everyone to go through the journal instead of direct importing into tables, as there are links for cstomer ledger entry and detailed customer ledger entry table (similarly for vendor ledger entry table too).

If you understand the concept and logic and the flow of data then go ahead.
    Thanks & Regards
    Santosh