Insert Multiple records.

krithikakrithika Member Posts: 56
Can we insert multiple records using single insert statement in NAV. :?

Comments

• vijay_gvijay_g Member Posts: 884
    what are you exactly looking for?
    what's your code and where you want to insert data?
  • SogSog Member Posts: 1,023
    No,but with the commit function you can make sure that all or none of the multiple records are inserted.
    |Pressing F1 is so much faster than opening your browser|
    |To-Increase|
  • bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    Sog wrote:
    No,but with the commit function you can make sure that all or none of the multiple records are inserted.

Off original topic, but why would the commit function be required to achieve this? The normal implicit transaction behavior would handle this.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    No, but the standard behavior from nav 5sp1, actually does bulk inserts behind the scenes...
    search "bulk insert" in mibuso, google, msdn...i'm sure there are a lot of topics about that.
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • SogSog Member Posts: 1,023
    <going further off topic (but still related somehow)>
    bbrown wrote:
    Sog wrote:

Off original topic, but why would the commit function be required to achieve this? The normal implicit transaction behavior would handle this.

I didn't say it was required to type, but since a transaction is completed with that function, and if that transaction is multiple inserts, then it would be the command to use for multiple inserts. (either implicit, or explicit).
    Since our topic starter is quite hesitant with details about the situation, and ask a question that is very likely to be misinterpreted, I gave a very wide but correct answer. It's my way of telling people to be more specific/ask right questions.
    |Pressing F1 is so much faster than opening your browser|
    |To-Increase|