Report Inventory Valuation: 0 Quantity, Negative value

batmakibatmaki Member Posts: 11
Hi all,

i have the following scenario:

Item Costing Method: FIFO;
Automatic Cost Posting: ticked;
Expected Cost Posting to G/L: ticked;
Automatic Cost Adjustment: Never (NAS runs it every night);

The entries are the ones you see on the attached image (see ILE image). The Purchase Receipt is not invoiced which leads me to a difference of -0,01 on the inventory valuation report (see InvValuation image).
I debugged the ACIE report and noticed that this routine only adjusts an inventory increase (the purchase receipt) when its completely invoiced (which is not in this case).
But my customer is complaining that when inventory is 0, inventory value must be zero also.
In this case, the sum of all outputs applied to the purchase is 5,8 versus the cost amount (expected) of the purchase which is 5,79.
Is there any way to solve this besides posting the purchase invoice?
I'll give any further information that you may require in assisting me.

Thanks in advance,
Pedro

Comments

• batmakibatmaki Member Posts: 11
    Sorry for the persistence...
    Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks once again.
  • FDickschatFDickschat Member Posts: 380
    As long as the purch receipt is not invoiced NAV will valuate the outgoing transactions with the last known cost price (which in fact is the one from the positive adjustment).

Actually, it could have been worse if the first positive adjustment would not exist. In this case the unit cost of the item and SKU would be 0 so all outgoing transactions would be 0. NAV will only revaluate the outgoing transactions when you invoice the receipt and run ACIE.

Edit: Why is the receipt from January 10 not invoiced??
    Frank Dickschat
    FD Consulting
  • batmakibatmaki Member Posts: 11
    Thanks for your input.

My customer just undervalues the fact that the invoice isn't posted after almost 9 months. Honestly, i don't know why it isn't posted.
    His point is just that: qty 0 means value 0.