Intercompany with Open Ledger Entries

ncruz365ncruz365 Member Posts: 18
Anyone know what the risk is in forcing assigment of Intercompany code to an existing customer with open Ledger Entries?

Currently functionality will not allow assigment of IC code to an existing customer. I would like to go around the validation of it's safe.

Here's the exact error message "You cannot change the content of the IC Partner Code because this customer has one or more open ledger entries". I just want to be able to assign an IC Partner code so that I can create Intercompany
documents.

I appreciate any input on this topic.

Thanks.
NC

Comments

• einsTeIn.NETeinsTeIn.NET Member Posts: 1,050
    You can't assign a new value to ICP Code as long as there are open CL Entries for this Customer. Close all Ledger Entries first.
    Do you use IC module in any way?
    "Money is likewise the greatest chance and the greatest scourge of mankind."
  • ncruz365ncruz365 Member Posts: 18
    Can you tell me what the consequenses are if I go around the it?
    Depends on why use want to do it. What are you trying to do? In worst case you may break law.
    Just recently decided to make an existing customer a partner so that we can begin sell/purchase transactions.
    Being partners and doing intercompany transaction is not a decision you can turn on/off by entering a value to a field. There should be a clear situation, maybe described in a contract between the two companies. Or do you want to do it in a test database just for yourself?

There are two possibilities for such a situation:
    1. Close all open Customer Ledger Entries for that Customer.
    2. Create a new Customer for the same company and block the old Customer for new Orders.
    Thanks a lot for all your help. After some thoughts, we decided to wait until beginnning of next year and create a new customer so that all transactions are established in the beginning with the new customer. That will keep it separate and easy for accounting.

I did explain that it would be a problem if the transactions a mixed in.
    ncruz365 wrote:
    Thanks a lot for all your help. After some thoughts, we decided to wait until beginnning of next year and create a new customer so that all transactions are established in the beginning with the new customer. That will keep it separate and easy for accounting.
    I think that's a good decision.

ncruz365 wrote:
    I did explain that it would be a problem if the transactions a mixed in.
    That's quite sure.
    I really appreciate your attention on this. I'm sure you are busy with other things. Your timely responses and
    input is appreciated and will be appreciated by others as well.

I would do the same as well for you providing I know the topic.

Take care.