Options

Expose Nav Webservice to the internet

TennekTennek Member Posts: 11
edited 2012-02-06 in NAV Three Tier
hi,

I want to expose a NAV webservice on the internet - so it can be reached from the other side of the world.

Could someone explain to me how this is done?

I want to focus on having exposed the webservice on the local network and get that to the internet.

Thanks
Tennek.

Comments

• Options
    Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    Check out Freddys blog, which contains some postings about this subject: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/freddyk/archive ... +services/
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • Options
    TennekTennek Member Posts: 11
    thank you for the fast reply.

I allready read these articles but couldn't find anything about how to get the NAV webservice to the internet.

Perhaps it is something like this:
    when there is a request on port 7047 the companys router transfers this request to the service ?
  • Options
    Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    Isn't this discussed in http://blogs.msdn.com/b/freddyk/archive ... proxy.aspx ? If not, then excuse me for pointing you in the wrong directions.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    I think that main problem in NAV is the authentication... it is why you need the proxy...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    ajhvdbajhvdb Member Posts: 672
    Does somebody have an example how to expose a virtual webservice to the internet.

With virtual I mean "man in the middle", All request from the internet are first handled by the external virtual webservice (no login needed, checks values, logs the requests), the request is then passed on to the internal NAV webservice.

After searching with google this is also called a proxy, reverse, virtual, dynamic webservice. I have already created a simple .NET program which does the above, but you first need to create a webreference contract with the NAV webservice and re-compile the program.

Im searching for an example in which you don't need to create a contract for every published page/codeunit. The virtual program just passes the request on to the NAV webservice.

Thanks in advance.. :-k
  • Options
    deV.chdeV.ch Member Posts: 543
    I guess there are couple of ways to do this, here is one of them: http://www.crowsprogramming.com/archives/66

(I haven't used it myself but this solution looks nice & clean)
  • Options
    Thanks, that one I found too ;)

What this basicly does is; read the wsdl, create a class file, compile it, and call a method. Nice, but still to much handling..

I only want to check the incoming request from the internet, check some values in the request (they are always the same, method, ip adress, etc) and without any modification transfer the request to NAV, the result from NAV will then be send back.
  • Options
    SogSog Member Posts: 1,023
    |Pressing F1 is so much faster than opening your browser|
    |To-Increase|
  • Options
    Thanks, but it basicly the same as the above link. It compiles the wdsl created class.