country specific number formats

Christian_BuehlChristian_Buehl Member Posts: 145
We are an European country wher we print numbers in this form 10.000,00

As we no up to create new companies for US and India where the have as number format 10,000.00

Is there any way to change the number format (switch between comma and dot) within a whole company or for a single report?

Thanks

Answers

• AndwianAndwian Member Posts: 627
    I think the Number Format used in NAV is depending on your Regional and Language Setting in your PC.
    Regards,
    Andwian
  • Christian_BuehlChristian_Buehl Member Posts: 145
    Thanks a lot, but this I already did know.
    But we need to print valid invoices, quotes etc. from an Windows with German settings.

We switch frequently between the companies (German, US, Indian, etc.) and it would be crazy to always change the language settings of the operating system.

Thanks again
  • rmv_RUrmv_RU Member Posts: 119
    We are an European country wher we print numbers in this form 10.000,00
    Is there any way to change the number format (switch between comma and dot) within a whole company or for a single report?
    Try to add Number Format field to Company table (2000000006) and modify ApplicationManagement.AutoFormatTranslate function (by replacing Text012 with Company."Number Format").
    Looking for part-time work.
    Nav, T-SQL.
  • ayhan06ayhan06 Member Posts: 210
    in online help, find "format" section. it says that you can write your own format expression. in that page, look into 1000Character attribute.
  • Christian_BuehlChristian_Buehl Member Posts: 145
    Thanks to rmv_RU
    this was exactly what I was looking for and it works pretty fine.