POS system in NAV

AndwianAndwian Member Posts: 627
Dear Experts,

I have an idea to implement NAV on the Serviced Retail Store, so that it will be used as POS.
I have heard about LS-Retail, and I do not think to use it as solution.

The business process:
    1. The salesperson create Sales Order to take the customer order. 2. The customer go to the cashier 3. The cashier will:
    a. Create Whse. Shipment b. Create Whse. Pick c. Register Pick d. Posting & Print Shipment & Invoice from Whse. Shipment

And the process of the cashier from Create Whse. Shipment until Posting & Print Shipment & Invoice from Whse. Shipment, I want to automate that by using only one button. However, I will let the COMMIT intact.

Is that advisable?

Any comment would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Regards,
Andwian

Comments

• FDickschatFDickschat Member Posts: 380
    I have done the same automation for a customer:

On the Sales Order you can set up what should happen when the order is released:
    - Nothing
    - Create Shipment
    - Create Shipment and Pick

On the Warehouse Shipment you define what should happen when the Pick is posted:
    - Nothing
    - Ship
    - Ship + Invoice
    - Ship + Print
    - Ship + Invoice + Print

We left all commits intact.

There might be several reasons why this process can fail. In our case people know how to solve it. You might need to add lots of code to work around pitfalls.

But one general question: Is it in this setup really neccessary to use shipments and picks? Couldn't you just use another location without shipment/pick?
    Frank Dickschat
    FD Consulting
  • AndwianAndwian Member Posts: 627
    Thanks Frank for sharing the light.

I keep the COMMIT intact, and I did not give any Condition where the COMMIT will be run or not.
    Therefore like you said, that there will be at some point the process will be failed, and not rolled back.
    However, the user must known at what point the error occurred.
    FDickschat wrote:
    You might need to add lots of code to work around pitfalls.
    What do you mean with this?
    Would you give any explanation or example?
    FDickschat wrote:
    But one general question: Is it in this setup really neccessary to use shipments and picks? Couldn't you just use another location without shipment/pick?
    Actually, I need:
      1. to know on which Bin Code I should pick item, by FEFO. 2. to prevent negative inventory.

Actually, I could use Inventory Pick, instead of Whse. Shipment and Whse. Pick, and I still can use FEFO, however the user must select the Lot No. manually the First Expired item. That's why I use the Shipment and Pick. Not really worth enough, since there are a lot of effort to do for just sell one order.
    Regards,
    Andwian