Quick Question: one NAV user and two NAS servers

gemini_shootergemini_shooter Member Posts: 149
Hello All,

Can you have one windows user start two NAS instances on the same server, with 2 licenses of NAS in 2 different databases?

So both NAS instances Login with the same Username and Password simultaneously.

Is that possible or do you need two separate Windows Usernames.

Comments

• DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    That would be an easy experiment wouldn't it :mrgreen:
  • gemini_shootergemini_shooter Member Posts: 149
    Sure would be Dan.. :) . means u haven't beaten me to this already.... wow! I get to try something new never tried before
  • bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    Of course it would work. There is nothing to prevent you from using the same user account to run multipel services. Also opening multiple NAV clients. But I would suggest setting up different login for each NAS. It makes certain troubleshooting (like blocking) easier.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
    Sure would be Dan.. :) . means u haven't beaten me to this already.... wow! I get to try something new never tried before
    Actually I already know because I HAVE already tried, years and years ago. It was a quick test, took maybe a few minutes to set up. In fact, posting the question and trying two NAS instances at once probably takes about the same amount of time. Come on man, give it a try, see for yourself :mrgreen:

NAS is nothing more than a NAV client without a UI. Of course that is going to work. It's the same as opening two NAV clients to different databases at the same time.
  • gemini_shootergemini_shooter Member Posts: 149
    It does work... I was just being lazy .. I don't have AD so have to do the thing on a virtual server setup. :mrgreen:
    Yes I know you were being lazy, that's why I didn't reply the first time :mrgreen:

You don't need access to AD to test windows users. Local users are also Windows users. Right click 'My Computer', select 'Manage', expand 'Local Users and Groups'. Add a user there, and you can set those up as Windows Users within NAV and as the user for Services.