Dataport

sprabhucpplsprabhucppl Member Posts: 58
I have created a dataport in NAV 4.0 SP3 and it is working fine.

But i dont want the "FieldStartDelimiter" and "FieldEndDelimiter", how to export the date without the Delimiter for Field Start & End.

Please help me out of this.

Comments

• DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    Open the dataport in design. Open the dataport's properties page. Put your cursor in the FieldStartDelimiter. Press the F1 button. Read how to do it.

If you are on an older version you'll need to open the C/SIDE Reference Guide. Click the Help menu. Click "C/SIDE Reference Guide". Expand the 'Properties' book. Browse for the FieldStartDelimiter property.
  • vgameirovgameiro Member Posts: 10
    FieldStartDelimiter
    Use this property to define the string that is to be used to mark the start of a field.

Applies to
    Dataports

Settings
    The FieldStartDelimiter settings are:

This string..
    Means...

<None> that there will no be FieldStartDelimiter
    <NewLine> any combination of CR and LF characters
    <CR/LF> CR followed by LF
    <CR> CR alone
    <LF> LF alone
    <TAB> Tabulator alone
    Other strings the literal string entered

The strings in the table above must be entered literally, that is: the < and > characters must be entered. These special strings can be combined, and also be mixed with other characters.

The default is " (a quote).

CR refers to the character with ASCII value 13

LF refers to the character with ASCII value 10

Comments
    FieldStartDelimiter is only used if FileFormat is Variable. Otherwise, the setting is ignored.

The string defined as FieldStartDelimiter is used in addition to the string defined as FieldSeparator. The intended use is in situations where the fields include characters that themselves are delimiters. If it is not necessary to use FieldStartDelimiter for this purpose, set it to <None>.

When importing, the delimiters can be present in the file or not. A line like this

a,"b",c,"text with comma,",d

would (if FieldStartDelimiter and FieldEndDelimiter is " and FieldSeparator is ,) be broken into fields like this

a

b

c

text with comma,

d

See also FieldEndDelimiter.

Documentation Feedback