Couple Jobs Questions. Multiple Customers, Change Customers

cvealecveale Member Posts: 135
I am using NAV 2009 RTC

3 jobs questions.

Question 1. I have a job set up with one task line. I have posted some usage through the job journal. But I realize that I need to change the customer on the job, but when i go to change the customer it tells me that I can't change the customer because there are entries associated with the job.
How do I fix this ? Do I have to create a new job ? If so, how can I close/delete my old job ?

Question 2. Same question, but now I have posted a Sales Invoice for the job. Now I realize I need to switch the customer. How do i fix this one ?

Question 3. Sometimes a job will have multiple customers, is the only way to set this up is by creating multiple jobs, i.e. 100-1, 100-2, 100-3 ?

Comments

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    1. If a job has transaction posted, you cannot change the customer.
    2. If a job has transaction posted, you cannot change the customer.
    3. You'll need a mod. Or setup it with one customer that pays the bill.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • cvealecveale Member Posts: 135
    I allready know what I can't do, I am looking for solutions to my issues.

My main question is if I've posted usage, not an invoice, how do I post a correcting entry ?
  • davmac1davmac1 Member Posts: 1,283
    You can allow it by making a mod.
    I have allowed a client to change the bill to customer because the bill to changes in the course of doing the job.
    When you generate the sales invoice, it uses the current bill to customer.
    You should not have an unposted when the bill to is changed, because you will get an error when you post it.