NAS Job Queue and Windows Logins

matthiasclaesmatthiasclaes Member Posts: 18
Dynamics NAV 5.0sp1 on SQL Server 2008 on Windows Server 2008.
NAS is installed with JOBQUEUE startup parameter on a separate server.
NAS is running under MYDOMAIN\NAS user account.
MYDOMAIN\NAS user account is a Navision Windows Login with full access to all tabledata + execute permission on specific reports.
Our Dynamics NAV partner uses database logins, we use Windows logins.
Alle database logins are SUPER user, Windows logins have restricted permissions.

The NAS is able to execute job queue items where the User ID is a database login, but not those where the User ID is a windows login. I have only tested executing reports.
Job Queue Response reports the following error:
User Matthias Claes has not been set up to be allowed to run Report 50049 - TEST - MAG GEWIST WORDEN - MC.

The user Matthias Claes is a Windows Login (MYDOMAIN\Matthias Claes) with following roles:
ALL -> Absolute minimal permissions to open a NAV database.
SUPER (DATA) -> RIMD on all TableData (Tabledata, ID = 0)
_NAS -> Execute on report 50049 (and others).
Enhanced Security is enabled.

Even assigning the SUPER role does not solve the problem.
I find it strange the User ID field in the Job Queue entry only show 'Matthias Claes', and not 'MYDOMAIN\Matthias Claes'. How does NAV differentiate between a database login and a windows login?

What piece of the puzzle is missing to execute my Job Queue items?

Answers

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    That sounds like that the report is not in the license used by the NAS. And the license the NAS uses is the one in the database.

When you (or your partner) tried it with DB login, it means it has been launched using the client and not the NAS (the NAS cannot use DB-logins) and probably the partners license was loaded for trying it.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• matthiasclaesmatthiasclaes Member Posts: 18
    kriki wrote:
    That sounds like that the report is not in the license used by the NAS. And the license the NAS uses is the one in the database.

Closed NAV, reopenend (using my Windows credentials) and verified our license. It is our company's license, so I do not think that's the problem. With my Windows login (MYDOMAIN\Matthias Claes) I can run the report and even modify it (I have the SUPER role). Report 50094 is within the 100 reports that come with the package, as far as I understand. So, as a user, I have no problem running the report.
    kriki wrote:
    When you (or your partner) tried it with DB login, it means it has been launched using the client and not the NAS (the NAS cannot use DB-logins) and probably the partners license was loaded for trying it.

The NAS may not be able to use DB-logins, but it does check the User ID field of the Job Queue records. (using CU 449 Job Queue Start Codeunit). Something fails in there when the User ID is a windows login, but works when the User ID is a DB-login. The result is the error in the Job Queue Response record that I mentioned above. I cannot check CU 499 because that's outside the scope of our license.
    The problem is probably in here:
    [url]HasWinPermission(UserId2 : Text[65];ObjectType : Integer;ObjectID : Integer) : Boolean

IF WinLogin2.FINDSET THEN
    REPEAT
    WinLogin2.CALCFIELDS(ID);
    Found := UPPERCASE(LoginManagement.ShortUserID(WinLogin2.ID)) = UPPERCASE(UserId2);
    IF Found THEN
    WinLogin := WinLogin2;
    UNTIL Found OR (WinLogin2.NEXT = 0);
    IF NOT Found THEN
    EXIT(FALSE);

HasPermission := WinAccessControl.GET(WinLogin.SID,'SUPER',COMPANYNAME);
    IF NOT HasPermission THEN
    HasPermission := WinAccessControl.GET(WinLogin.SID,'SUPER','');
    IF HasPermission THEN
    EXIT(TRUE);

Permission.SETRANGE("Object Type",ObjectType);
    Permission.SETRANGE("Object ID",ObjectID);
    Permission.SETRANGE("Execute Permission",Permission."Execute Permission"::Yes);
    IF Permission.FINDSET THEN
    REPEAT
    HasPermission := WinAccessControl.GET(WinLogin.SID,Permission."Role ID",COMPANYNAME);
    IF NOT HasPermission THEN
    HasPermission := WinAccessControl.GET(WinLogin.SID,Permission."Role ID",'');
    UNTIL HasPermission OR (Permission.NEXT = 0);
    EXIT(HasPermission);[/url]

Does your windows user has some special characters in his name or has a name longer than 20 characters?
    Regards,Alain Krikilion

kriki wrote:
    Does your windows user has some special characters in his name or has a name longer than 20 characters?

No special characters, but the total length of the username (MYDOMAIN\User Name) is 25 characters.
    I think that is the problem. There is some logic that returns blank if the length is over 20 and this gives the error.

Try with a username of max 20 chars.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion

kriki wrote:
    The problem is probably in here:
    HasWinPermission(UserId2 : Text[65];ObjectType : Integer;ObjectID : Integer) : Boolean

IF WinLogin2.FINDSET THEN
      REPEAT
        WinLogin2.CALCFIELDS(ID);
        Found := UPPERCASE(LoginManagement.ShortUserID(WinLogin2.ID)) = UPPERCASE(UserId2);
        IF Found THEN
          WinLogin := WinLogin2;
      UNTIL Found OR (WinLogin2.NEXT = 0);

I checked with our NAV Partner, and your code is different from ours. Our function is defined als follows:
    IF WinLogin.FINDSET THEN
      REPEAT
        WinLogin.CALCFIELDS(ID);
        Found := UPPERCASE(COPYSTR(WinLogin.ID,STRLEN(WinLogin.ID) - STRLEN(UserId2))) = UPPERCASE(STRSUBSTNO('\%1',UserId2));
      UNTIL Found OR (WinLogin.NEXT = 0);

And ours is clearly wrong. After finding a matching WinLogin record, another .NEXT is executed in the UNTIL clause, thus shifting the Winlogin record to the next record in the table.
    It seems your NAV installation is more up-to-date than ours. I will get this fixed by our NAV Partner.

Thank your for your assistance with this problem.