Sorting error with scandinavian characters on "classic" db

kennet_lindbergkennet_lindberg Member Posts: 6
Hi,

I have a problem with the sorting of scandinavian characters. Å, ä, ö is sorted ä, ö, å. The problem seems to exist in versions 5.0 SP1 through 2009 SP1 running on Navision database.

Anyone come across this problem and found a solution?

/Kennet
Kennet Lindberg - Consilia Solutions

Answers

• herrlutzherrlutz Member Posts: 58
    seems you have chosen the wrong SQL Codepage / Collation.
    i don´t know the right one for Scandinavia.
    ín order to find the right one, you have to set your Windows settings for "Regional Setting" on the NAV client (or Citrix) in Folder "Extended". Here set feature "Codepage for non Unicode Programs" to Danish (or Norwegian, Swedish).
    Then go to Navision, Database/Alter, Collation.
    Here activate "Validate Codepage", then you can select the Codepages that are supported for that country. This is where my knowledge ends telling you exactly which one you have to choose.

Also, changing the Codepage in an existing database will have as effect, that some characters will be substituted. This might create some data- rubbish. So be careful.
    regards
    Alex
  • jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    Maybe you should read the title again database type = Classic
  • herrlutzherrlutz Member Posts: 58
    correct... my comment is in regard to SQL...
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Hi,

I have a problem with the sorting of scandinavian characters. Å, ä, ö is sorted ä, ö, å. The problem seems to exist in versions 5.0 SP1 through 2009 SP1 running on Navision database.

Anyone come across this problem and found a solution?

/Kennet

I think that the sorting order is written in the fin.stx file. CHeck the string there. If it is wrong, than it is localization bug. If it is correct, than problem must be elsewhere...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • kennet_lindbergkennet_lindberg Member Posts: 6
    I found the reason of this problem. As kine pointed out, the sorting is written in the stx file. I had created the database using a W1 stx file.

To solve my problem I created a new database "using" a swedish stx file and then restored a backup of the original database in it and then it worked.
    Kennet Lindberg - Consilia Solutions