Table and Table data permission query

chandrurecchandrurec Member Posts: 560
Hi all,

As per my understanding Table in permissions refers to whole table whereas table data refers to the datas stores in tables.

1.So when the modify permission is no for table data for "Bank Account ledger entry table" and yes for table "Bank Account ledger entry" is it possible to change a particular field value of a particular field in Bank Account ledger entry.

2.When the modify permission is yes for table data for "Bank Account ledger entry table" and no for table "Bank Account ledger entry" is it possible to change a particular field value of a particular field in Bank Account ledger entry.

Kindly if anyone knows the answer for the above query, reply back.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Chandru.

Comments

• bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    Table permissions refer to the table object. TableData permissions refer to the the data in the table. Normal users only need EXECUTE permissions on TABLE, FORM, REPORT, DATAPORT, CODEUNIT, etc objects. This gives them right to use/run the object. The other permissions on these object types refer to the user's ability to modify the object.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • AndwianAndwian Member Posts: 627
    I never tried your scenario. But nice questions!

Usually, I only use TableData permission to prevent the user to modify the Master Data.
    Regards,
    Andwian
  • bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    Back to the original questions.

In both of these scenarions the user needs EXECUTE permissions on the table object. Then what matters is the MODIFY permisison on the tabledata.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • chandrurecchandrurec Member Posts: 560
    Hi bbrown,

Thanks for your reply.

That means the user needs to change the license file to incorporate the modify permission for Bank Account ledger entry Table data to yes or else we can do by ourselves.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    chandru.