The Program cannot create a connection to the server -

VotucVotuc Member Posts: 206
edited 2010-10-15 in NAV Three Tier
I have one computer on my client's NAV network that keeps losing the connection to the NST. The other computers on the network work fine, and I have used the exact same network path (servername:7046/DynamicsNAV) for both. What other things can I check?

I do not believe it is a authentication error as I have the user added to the database - and usually it says "You do not have permission to run Dynamics Server" when it is an authentication error.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION from the event log:

"the security system detected an attempted downgrade attack for server host/192.168.1.160. The failure code from authentication protocol Kerberos was "there are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request"

AND

The Security System could not establish a secured connection with the server host. No authentication protocol was available.

Also when I try to log into Classic using Windows Authentication Mode I get:

Cannot generate SSPI context State ID HY000"

Comments

• beranberan Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 80
    Anything in the eventlog? Many times we do print some information in the eventlog eventhough you get a message.
    Eric Beran
    Software Design Engineer II
    Dynamics NAV Office 365
    Microsoft

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
  • VotucVotuc Member Posts: 206
    beran wrote:
    Anything in the eventlog? Many times we do print some information in the eventlog eventhough you get a message.

I'm sorry, where is the event log? Do you mean windows event viewer or is there one just for NAV 2009?
    Ok I found the event log viewer:

Here is what I have:

"the security system detected an attempted downgrade attack for server host/192.168.1.160. The failure code from authentication protocol Kerberos was "there are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request"

AND

The Security System could not establish a secured connection with the server host. No authentication protocol was available.

Any ideas of what this means? Does this mean a protocol was uninstaller? Do I need something from the prerequisites folder in the NAV install DVD?
  • geronimogeronimo Member Posts: 90
    i would say get the classic going first.

i must say the error that you get there, i usually get it when i have a vpn open to a customers network.
    So it thinks im in a different domain.

this pc is part of the same domain as the other pc's?
    same win version?
    geronimo wrote:
    i would say get the classic going first.

i must say the error that you get there, i usually get it when i have a vpn open to a customers network.
    So it thinks im in a different domain.

this pc is part of the same domain as the other pc's?
    same win version?

Classic works fine with TCP/IP and with database authentication. But not with windows authentication (Cannot generate SSPI context State ID HY000")

Yes, all client computers on the network are the same OS (Windows XP professional SP3.)

Since I made this post - I have found that i cannot access the mapped HDDs to the server from the problem PC. It says: The device name is already in use.

The PC is seems to be part of the network - I can ping the server by server name as well as local IP address. However, when I use windows explorer to look at the shared resources, it does not show any folders under the server name (there should be several). It does show the server and the other computers on the network. I am troubleshooting remotely - tomorrow I will be able to go in person and take a look. The PC might need a good reboot for a start...