"Adjust Cost - Item Entries" endless loop

marchinomarchino Member Posts: 25
Hi,

A customer of us (NAV 5.0 SP1) has a problem with "Adjust Cost - Item Entries".
The procedure goes in an endless loop, the reason is a production order with the output include itself in the components.

I have searched on Microsoft Knowledgebase, I have installed hotfix 975251 abd 976339, but I did not fix the problem.

Someone can help me?

Thanks in advance.
_marchino_

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    There is no solution. The hotfixes just prevents you from posting such a thing. This cannot be solved in any way, because calculating cost from yourself will end in the endless loop just by definition. All depends on the real process which the company is using. Are you using item tracking (lot nos., serial nos.)? Was it only mistake of users that they posted output before consumption?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • marchinomarchino Member Posts: 25
    Thanks for quickly reply.

We are not using Item Tracking. Our Customer uses production order because finished product is already
    charged in location, but it needs a little manufacturing.

How can we solve it? In your opinion is there a solution?

Thanks so much for your support.

Best regards.
    _marchino_
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    You need to post consumption before you post output, this is main rule.
    Another rule is, what was already posted as output on this Prod. Order, must be processed on another Prod. order if same operation is needed again (or at least on another Prod. Order line).
    Of course, if you use the hotfixes regarding the endless loops in Adj. Cost batches, NAV will not allow you to consume something, what was already produced on same prod. order, and if possible, the consumption will be applied to item ledger entry, which was not produced on the same prod. order.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.