Why do not purchase credit memos write in job ledger entry?

AtreiuAtreiu Member Posts: 51
Hi everybody,
with nav 6.0.

I post a purchase invoice with an account line joined to a job. The system writes a line in Job ledger entry.

I create a purchase credit memo which takes this line from the invoice, is applied to this invoice... and then I post it... But the system neither writes a negative line in Job ledger entry nor cancel the old line some ways...

why?

is this a bug? how can I get my job to get correct?

thanks

Comments

• rhpntrhpnt Member Posts: 688
    Interesting question. It has been quite a long time since I've used the service part of NAV but I believe that the creation of a credit memo for a purchase invoice with a line which includes a job number should not cancel the job ledger line. I hope you are aware that defining a job number in a purchase line automatically creates a job ledger line at posting because the system assumes that the purchase line was consumed right away (not taken in stock). Therefore the JLE should not be cancelled instead you have the possibility to invoice the created JLE line or not. :-k
  • AtreiuAtreiu Member Posts: 51
    ok, thank you for the answer... but:
    if I post a Credit memo with an account line (and a Job No. and a Job Task No.) the system is expected to write a negative line in JLE (if I use articles it does so)... and it does not!

:cry: (this crying smiley does not cry enough...)
  • rhpntrhpnt Member Posts: 688
    If you have the option report that to MS NAV Support.
  • jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    Sound similiar to the issue i had in a 5.1 DB except on the purchase side

What version are you using
    5.x with or without job platform update.
    2009/09 sp1 ?

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=36476&hilit=jobs