Spaces in data

abab Member Posts: 37
HI,

From MSAccess I try to read data in a native navision-db 3.7, but technicaly converted to nav 2009.
First I've used N/ODBC 2009 to retrieve the data, but there were some problems like speed and
after a few records all the cells in access are filled in with '#DELETED'.
Then I found that those problems should resolved using N/ODBC 5.0 and the matter of fact, it is.
But now I have the following problem:
after retrieving the data via ODBC in each the datacell in MSAccess there are some extra spaces.
What can I do to avoid this ?

Thx !!!!!!!

Comments

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    Move to sql and use sql native ODBC drivers.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • rhpntrhpnt Member Posts: 688
    ab wrote:
    From MSAccess I try to read data in a native navision-db 3.7, but technicaly converted to nav 2009.

Don't get me wrong but: "Helloooo, it's 2010 and you are still using v3.7 on a native DB!?"

I really don't understand why some are doing client upgrades with such a large difference in versions!? If doing an upgrade why not the whole thing then? I don't get it...
  • abab Member Posts: 37
    Normally there was an upgrade in 2009 to nav5.0sp1 but then there was the crisis, so the whole budget was reduced to 0€.
    Do you now understand?
    All the new servers are installed with WIN2008 and the pc's with windows7, so we have to make a technicaly upgrade to nav2009.
    By the way, my problem is solved. Use N/ODBC from 5.0 sp1. :D:D
  • BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    rhpnt wrote:
    Don't get me wrong but: "Helloooo, it's 2010 and you are still using v3.7 on a native DB!?"

I really don't understand why some are doing client upgrades with such a large difference in versions!? If doing an upgrade why not the whole thing then? I don't get it...
    some old customers, with old nav objects (let's say 3.10), have heavy customizatinons on some granules that have also been changed a lot through versions (let's say the "job" granule).
    let's say this customer is an a small company with a low budget and can't afford a full upgrade because they've already spent a lot of money for their new shiny laptops with win7... ](*,)
    setting apart the fact that they should have asked you before upgrading the Operative system, their only option is to buy citrix and install xp and nav clients on it ($$$) or go for a tech upgrade (less $) waiting for the nex year, for example...
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • rhpntrhpnt Member Posts: 688
    ab wrote:
    Normally there was an upgrade in 2009 to nav5.0sp1 but then there was the crisis, so the whole budget was reduced to 0€.
    Do you now understand?
    All the new servers are installed with WIN2008 and the pc's with windows7, so we have to make a technicaly upgrade to nav2009.
    By the way, my problem is solved. Use N/ODBC from 5.0 sp1. :D:D

Sorry to hear that. There are a lot of companies that don't understand the TCO of having NAV.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    rhpnt wrote:

Sorry to hear that. There are a lot of companies that don't understand the TCO of having NAV.

there are also a lot of companies that did not realize (or were not told) how much the TCO of Navision would change. I had a client with 3.70 and massively changed objects. The cost just for an exe upgrade keeping the old objects would have been about $280,000. They knew they also needed a full object upgrade, but that would mean a complete business rethink and redesign. That would cost even more.

Navision now is in a completely different market to where is was 10 years ago. Many of its users have also moved into that new market place, many have not.
    David Singleton