No G/L account No. displayed on the Posted Sales Invoice

victoriavictoria Member Posts: 16
Hi all,

When I use G/L accounts on the invoice lines (instead of Items) and post the invoice, on the printed sales invoice (report 206) I can't see any G/L account codes (it's No. field on the printed invoice). These G/L Accounts Nos. are not displayed for some reason. Is there a way to amend the report 206 to show these G/L Account Nos.?

P.S. Version - Dynamics NAV 2009 SP1 W1

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• vasilis6669vasilis6669 Member Posts: 109
    From Object Designer select the object 206-> Design-> on After get record of Sales Invoice Line look at

IF (Type = Type::"G/L Account") AND (NOT ShowInternalInfo) THEN
    "No." := '';

So, either comment the "No." := ''; or check ShowInternalInfo in options tab when previewing the report.

Regards,
    Vasilis
  • victoriavictoria Member Posts: 16
    Hi Vasilis,thanks for your reply. I commemted the No. line (//) and it worked fine. Thanks a lot.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    victoria wrote:
    Hi Vasilis,thanks for your reply. I commemted the No. line (//) and it worked fine. Thanks a lot.

You can NOT do that. This means that the conditional will now apply to the next line of code and could break something else.

[-X
    David Singleton
  • SogSog Member Posts: 1,023
    Damn, talk about bad practice. ](*,)
    This is standard since before I got into NAV.
    In the options tab of your report you've got a checkbox: show internal info. Check it and see what roles out of the report.
    (Undo your clever commenting in the report first), I'm not sorry if you find this rude, but I believe that constructive critisism in this case is not earned.
    |Pressing F1 is so much faster than opening your browser|
    |To-Increase|
    Dear All,

The proposed answer was to

either comment the "No." := ''; or check ShowInternalInfo in options

Show Internal info shows additional information that user does not require. User wants always fo the g/l account to be displayed.

Regards,
    Vasilis
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Dear All,

The proposed answer was to

either comment the "No." := ''; or check ShowInternalInfo in options

Show Internal info shows additional information that user does not require. User wants always fo the g/l account to be displayed.

Regards,
    Vasilis

You cannot only comment the "No." =''; line but the line
    IF (Type = Type::"G/L Account") AND (NOT ShowInternalInfo) THEN

also needs to be commented. David is also saying the same thing.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • rhpntrhpnt Member Posts: 688
    User wants always fo the g/l account to be displayed.

Predicting user requirements is a solid start for later problems. Not every company wants to show its customers which GL account number was used for invoicing. That's why it's put under the option "internal info".

Greetings to Nicosia!

P.S.:How's the wheather? I'm freezing...
    Yes, I agree the above line should be commented as well. but since there is no begin end statement only the next line is executed.

Anyhow, this case should have been closed by the victoria long time ago.

Yes, wheather is great here, 22 degrees at lunch time with beautifull sun, 17 degress at 9 o clock at night. it rained yesterday night after 3 months here in nicosia. Wish we had snow to learn how to ski!!

Regards,
    Vasilis