Menusuite RTC, shows old definition

pfransenpfransen Member Posts: 7
edited 2010-10-12 in NAV Three Tier
Hi there,

I'm having a problem with my menusuite in the RTC.
We replaced a standard report (Report x) in the menusuite by a report specific for our add-on (Report y).
We did this by making a modification in menusuite 1051.
This works fine.

However, now we changed the number of the report from y to z, so we need to change the menusuite again.
So, we made the modification in menusuite 1051 again, and restarted the RTC client.
But when I click on the link for the report, in starts report y instead of report z.

I checked the text export of my menusuite, and there is not a single place where report y is mentioned. Only z.

We've reset the RTC service, but no result.

It looks like something is remembering report y, but what? ](*,)

---
The same modification needs to be made for serveral reports.
It isn't an option to add a menusuite, The modification needs to be part of menusuite 1051.
---

Pauline

Answers

• AlishaAlisha Member Posts: 217
    Have you tried re-compiling all the menusuites? Sometimes changes are not apply if the other menusuites are not compiled (even if you haven't modified them).
  • pfransenpfransen Member Posts: 7
    Yes, I tried recompiling the menusuites.
    I've also tried deleting my menuitem, and addeing it 'fresh', but even that won't work.
  • deV.chdeV.ch Member Posts: 543
    Have you recompiled ALL the RTC Menusuits? When i do changes in a Menusuit i always recompile all of them because i had the same issues as you have and it worked for me. If that doesn't work, the only reason to still have the wrong report started, is that in a higher Menusuit the report is listed with the old number.
    To be sure I recompiled all my menusuites and restarted the RTC.
    And I'm still getting the wrong report.

The only place where I have the old report in the menusuite is in menusuite 51, which is of course for the Classic environment.
    In the other menusuites I have (10, 1010 and 1051) the old report is never mentioned.
    :-k ok now it gets tricky...

to locate the problem you could delete the option first to see if the report disappears. if it don't there must be another definition somewhere...

And probably try to reset the rtc personalization settings.
    I've deleted the new report from my menusuite, and restarted the RTC. Then the report is not shown. (Neither the old nor the new.)

Then I added the new report again, and restarted the RTC, the OLD report is back!

I've also tried adding the report in a different place, but even then I'm getting the old report. ????
    Try to recompile both reports, or all objects in the database, sometimes there is something wrong with the metadata.
    Wow!! That's it! \:D/

You're amazing, thanks!! :thumbsup:

Now I can finally finish the menusuite! (I've been having the same problem with quite a number of reports.)
    :thumbsup: nice to hear that it's working now!