Options

Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client has stopped working

vasilis6669vasilis6669 Member Posts: 109
edited 2011-12-15 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,

I have a very stanage case.

Scenario: On windows server 2008 navision RTC is installed with latest hotfix31414. New users added to navision cannot start the RTC client. the error is:
Description:
Stopped working

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: microsoft.dynamics.nav.client
Problem Signature 02: 6.0.0.0
Problem Signature 03: 4c50c003
Problem Signature 04: Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.ServiceConnection
Problem Signature 05: 6.0.0.0
Problem Signature 06: 4c50bff5
Problem Signature 07: 50
Problem Signature 08: ac
Problem Signature 09: PVIPE0ZWO3DAKVIIBBKD04CL4OM0A0JJ
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.16.7
Locale ID: 1033

all the previous users, domain and local users can login, but when i create a new user domain or local, the user cannot run the RTC client. When i create a new user, the new user can login with the navision classic client with windows authentication sucessfully. Therefore, it is not an sql securiy issue.

Also, the naivison windows service is started. if it was not started then i would get the error where the service cannot be found and other users would not be able to login

I also, change the license but still the same error. If it was a license issue i would get maximum no users limit etc..

If (logged in as new domain user) i right click on the RoleTailored 2009 SP1 shortcut and run as an administrator of the domain is working. but when i tried to start with the new domain user or new local user with Administrator rights it does not work.

I will appreciate your help.

I have done over 60 user client isntallations and never had a problem apart from this one.

Regards,
Vasilis Charalambous

Answers

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    You can try to use ProcMon from Sysinternals to watch what the process is doing and where it is failing (permissions when creating some file, permissions to some libraries, registers etc.). You can compare it with successfully started client log...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    Hi,

thanks i run the program
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645.aspx and filtered with process name Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.exe. It shows the permission required on each step.

i will run this on monday

thanks
  • Options
    beranberan Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 80
    Did you send this exception to Watson? We can see more by using our pdb files of the assemblies and the .dmp file. You should get a better dialog presenting the issue.
    Eric Beran
    Software Design Engineer II
    Dynamics NAV Office 365
    Microsoft

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
  • Options
    Hi,

First, I run proc mon and filtered with Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.exe.

But I could not find any difference.

The RTC client is running on windows 2008 R2.

Refering to the last post, how can I sent the exeption to watson? i only get two options
    1) Check online for a solution and close the program
    2) close the program

Also, what do you mean by "You should get a better dialog presenting the issue."

Regards,
    Vasilis
  • Options
    ... And the answer was to assign the a user profile for the RTC client because for some reason it would not read the default profile.

Thank you,
    Vasilis Charalambous
  • Options
    MrAcoraMrAcora Member Posts: 1
    ... And the answer was to assign the a user profile for the RTC client because for some reason it would not read the default profile.

Thank you,
    Vasilis Charalambous

newbie to Nav can i have a bit more info on what your solution to this problem was because i am having this problem on one of my citrix servers RTC works except for new users, you answer seems to suggest it’s the way I’m setting the users up...

what did you mean "assign the a users profile for the RTC client..."

your help will be much appreciated
  • Options
    Hi,

Yes, go to Departments/Administration/Application Setup/RoleTailored Client/User Personalization,
    for each of the new users assign a profile ID.

For whatever reason the default role Center was not taking into consideration
    /Departments/Administration/Application Setup/RoleTailored Client/Profiles

Also, you may receive same error message if the profile has logical errors. for example you make a customization in the "finance cue" table for the "bookeeper" profile and you setup a wrong table relation in a new field etc.

Regards,
    Vasilis Charalambous