Update Source Expression

hurlbutbhurlbutb Member Posts: 3
Hi,

I have a question regarding the updating/changing of a source expression. I have a report "G/L Register" that shows the G/L dimension string together as such 000-000-000-000-000-000-000, when I go to the report (through Object Designer) and look at the field it is call <Account Dim> and if I look at the properties the SourceExpr is AccountDim. The issue that I am having is the length of the out of the box account string of 3 characters per dimension. Our chart of account is much longer than 3 and I want to extend it but cannot figure out how to do this. Any help, especially step by step instructions would be very helpful.
I was able to find this code using the C/AL Editor

AccountDim := FundManagement.DimensionAccountGenerate("G/L Account No.","Fund No.",
"Global Dimension 1 Code","Global Dimension 2 Code",
"Global Dimension 3 Code","Global Dimension 4 Code",
"Global Dimension 5 Code","Global Dimension 6 Code",
"Global Dimension 7 Code","Global Dimension 8 Code");
But I am still not sure how to extend the length of each field.

Cheers.

Comments

• AndwianAndwian Member Posts: 627
    In what object ID did you work?
    Regards,
    Andwian
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    Do you need to string to hold more characters? Look at the Global Variables in the report. If you just need to widen the text box you can hover your mouse on the edge of the box and expand it.
  • hurlbutbhurlbutb Member Posts: 3
    hi i am trying to just extend the length of each of the code values. the default is 000-000 but our codes GL 4 characters and then our first dimension is 4 character. I would like the values to look more like 0000-0000. I did try to do in through designer and make the field larger by dragging the corner but the values still show as 000-000. I am working within the Serenic Navigator product which is slightly different than Navision but I think the principles are the same.