Prevent a Return Order for Expired Goods

aseigleaseigle Member Posts: 207
I'm trying to work through a scenario where we purchase a good, and then assign it to a lot number that has an expiration date of 90D from the day its sold. Is there any way native way for a Sales Return Order to NOT show this as able to be returned. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• rhpntrhpnt Member Posts: 688
    Hmm...I've never used the expiration date before but it should "jump" when you apply the lines in the return order. :-k

Did you try anything yet?
  • aseigleaseigle Member Posts: 207
    I have tried many things, and it just seems to ignore the expiration date on the return. It's almost as though NAV cares only that it is expired when it goes out the door, but not so much coming back in. Also, I'm suprised to see that the Expiration Date doesn't flow thru to the Item Ledger Entries from the Tracking Specification table. I feel as though there are a lot of "gaps" in this area, and while I'm not using it for its traditional purpose, I feel as though it should work to some extent. It's very possible that I have not set it up correctly as well.
  • AndwianAndwian Member Posts: 627
    From my experience and knowledge, the Expiration Date is prevented to sell, and not prevented to return it.
    Because, in real life, it is allowed to return the item because it is expired.

And from my point of view, your requirement is different than the Expiration offer.
    Regards,
    Andwian