Expected cost has been posted instead of actual cost

hanthant Member Posts: 115
Hi,

Does anyone have an experience with this case?
We are using NAV 2009 SP1 classic. we have enable Expected cost Posting. We created new item and made receipt for this item, for example 10 with purchase price 10. We expected that there would be a transaction created booking to interim accounts but there was no transaction created.

Futhermore, I created a shipment with qty of 1 and the system created a transaction in Value entry having value in Cost amount (Actual) and Cost Posted to G/L and the transaction created in G/L entry being booked to inventory accounts instead of interim accounts.

Please help me to explain the transaction or there is any hotfix for this.

thanks and regards,

Ha

Comments

• rhpntrhpnt Member Posts: 688
    Did you set up everything according to NAV standards? Please read the online help under topic "Expected cost" and related topics.
  • hanthant Member Posts: 115
    Hi,
    Thanks for your response. I've followed the instruction in online help to setup post expected cost to G/L but the result shown as I mentioned above.

Regards,

Ha
  • rhpntrhpnt Member Posts: 688
    Where did you set up the interim account?
    The interim accounts have been setup in General Posting setup and Inventory posting group.
  • srinivas.chittemsrinivas.chittem Member Posts: 142
    Hi,

It is working properly.

Check the following Account combination:

Check the location in your PO and Inventory setup
    Check the Business and Product posting group combination A/C
    Regards,
    srinivas
    "Delighting Customers.... Through Delivery Excellence" .
    Hi,

I've checked carefully about the account combination setting up and did not find any incorrect. The receipt transaction has been created and booked to correct accounts but the issue transaction has been created with strange value and booked to incorrect accounts. It booked to inventory account and COGS account instead of interim accounts. Do you have any idea?

Thanks,

Ha
  • AndwianAndwian Member Posts: 627
    It is because you post Ship & Invoice simultaneously.

Try to post it Receive only.
    Regards,
    Andwian
  • srinivas.chittemsrinivas.chittem Member Posts: 142
    Hi,

See the below procedure:

Purchase

Receive : System will update Interim Accounts with expected cost value
    Invoice : System will reverse the excepted cost values in interim accounts and post Actual cost to your Inventory accounts
    Receive and Invoice: Interim accounts doesn't involve in this scenario even though expected cost posting true

the above transactions will happen if Expected cost posting & Automatic cost posting should be true in inventory setup

--Let's try in test DB
    Regards,
    srinivas
    "Delighting Customers.... Through Delivery Excellence" .
    Hi,

As I mentioned above, the receipt transaction has been posted correctly to interim accounts. My problem is issuing transaction. This has been booked to actual accounts (setup in Inventory Posting group and General Posting Setup) instead of interim accounts for the expected cost.

thanks,

Ha
    hant wrote:
    My problem is issuing transaction.
    What do you mean with issuing?
    Regards,
    Andwian
    I mean I make a shipment for this item.
    then you have to setup:
    COGS Interim acc.
    Inventory interim acc.
    And do posting the ship only.
    Regards,
    Andwian
    Hi,

I've got your point. I have post the shipment & Invoice so the transaction has been posted to actual cost.

Thanks,

Ha
    you are welcome
    Regards,
    Andwian