Show Original Amount and Currency in G/L Entry

Lady_ARRALady_ARRA Member Posts: 4
Hi Guys,

I have a requirements on 1 of our client that they want to see in the G/L Entry table the "Original Amount" and "Currency Code"(G/L Entry table shows only Amount in LCY), I am aware that I need to modify the CU 12.I Just seek for some advice if there's some work around to do this? In addition, I am aware also on add reporting curr. but this is not the solution for the requirement.

Truly yours,

ARRA

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    It will be not so easy, because the Amount in currency and the currency is not in the journal already and you cannot take it from there.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • rhpntrhpnt Member Posts: 688
    The end user must NOT use the G/L entry table directly but (if necessary) personalized forms and reports!
    rhpnt wrote:
    The end user must NOT use the G/L entry table directly but (if necessary) personalized forms and reports!
    And how is this related to the question?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    Lady ARRA wrote:
    I have a requirements on 1 of our client that they want to see in the G/L Entry table the "Original Amount" and "Currency Code"(G/L Entry table shows only Amount in LCY)...

Maybe in the bold and underlined way...
    But it doesn't implicate that they are opening the table directly. It is just language problem... ;-)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    Maybe it is, maybe it isn't... :-k
  • Lady_ARRALady_ARRA Member Posts: 4
    Actually the requirement is say in gen. journal line I enter amount of "3000" and the currency code is "USD", It'll need to insert this also in G/L Entry, I go through to the CU 12 and it's really hard to customized to get the exact amount ](*,) . Is there any pattern that I can use as a guide inside the CU 12. #-o. btw, I add 2 fields in G/L Entry the "Original Amount" and "Original Currency Code".
    Dear "Lady ARRA",

why do you want to add those two fields to the table? There are other ways to display some data which is related to an entry but is not in the table.
    We had this requirement from our customers too. They want to see the original amount in foreign currency directly in the G/L Entries, even when the original amount is on some document from which they were created. It is for reporting purpose and other accounting processes. Problem is, that if you post e.g. sales invoice, it is not passing the original amount into the G/L journal, it just pass the LCY amount and ACY amount... another problem is when you are unposting journal, or doing another internal processes which are creating the entries.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Lady_ARRALady_ARRA Member Posts: 4
    Hi rphnt,

Kine answer it :mrgreen:
    They want to see the original amount in foreign currency directly in the G/L Entries, even when the original amount is on some document from which they were created. It is for reporting purpose and other accounting processes.

Hi Kine,

what would be the best approch for this? please advice. #-o
    Sorry, the change was too complex to describe it and it is our company know-how I cannot share in this way.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    The "modification" you two are suggesting is allready in NAV by design; it's called Navigate.
    No, it is something totally different what customers need. I have problems do describe it for you, because I am not consultant, but the requirement cannot be solved just by teaching users to use navigate. Do not be afraid that I will allow such a modification if there is another simpler way around :whistle:
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Stardust77Stardust77 Member Posts: 95
    I believe that you should also add these fields in the "General Journal Table", and to make changes in all the other posting codeunits that are related to the posting process, in addition to CU12 (for example CU80, CU90, CU22, CU202, etc.). Fully agree with kine that it is a very laborious task.