Aged AP Report Reconciliation with General Ledger

BeatriceBeatrice Member Posts: 346
Hi Everyone,

One of out client is working on NAV 4.0 SP1.

They are having a big issue with their Aged Accounts Payables Report.

When they run the same report as at todate, they get a difference between the Aged AP report and the Trial Balance in the General Ledger. They have been able to sort out the difference as manual entries and the figures are balancing.

But when they run the report in the past, say for e.g. 30/06/2010, the difference that they get is not the same. Out of the manual entries, another difference still remains. The balance in the TB is greater than the balance on the Aged AP Report.

Can someone please advise on how we could locate this difference?

Anyone of you has had this kind of issue before with the aging reports? Your comments are most welcome.

Grateful if you could help me sort this out.

Thanking of All You in Advance.

Regards,

Bea.

Comments

• mstallmannmstallmann Member Posts: 138
    Bea, It sounds like you found the missing entries. Correct me if I am wrong, but I am assuming the manual GL adjustments occured in the past. Probably a GL adjustment was made in the current period to correct those adjustments and get the aging to tie in the current period. But, now when you run the aging for past periods, it still doesn't tie to the same period in the GL. If this is correct, then the answer is the previous periods will never tie unless adjustments are made in those specific periods.

If that is not the case, can you explain it a bit further?
  • BeatriceBeatrice Member Posts: 346
    Thanks for the reply.

I understood your point and agree to same.

But is there any workaround to remedy this situation?

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Bea.
  • mstallmannmstallmann Member Posts: 138
    The only way to have the two match up in the periods is to post your GL adjustments in the period the GL entries were originally made. That way, the reports will reflect the same $ in the same periods. However, you won't want to do this because it will restate prior periods and cause issue. I am not a CPA, so take this with a grain of salt. I believe your best bet is to document the issues as best as possible to assist with any future audits and/or explanations to the related parties.