service management changed from 4.0 to NAV 2009 Classic Clie

cvealecveale Member Posts: 135
Hello, question, i have a client using service management for NAV 2009 Classic Client. The manual for NAV 2009 is for the RTC.

The only manual I can find is for NAV 4.0 for Service Management.

So my question is, has anything changed in Service Management from 4.0 to NAV 2009 Classic Client ? So I am thinking of just giving my client the 4.0 manuals for the NAV 2009 Classic Client for Service Management.

Comments

• lvanvugtlvanvugt Member Posts: 774
    A year ago I did the certification for Service Management. At that time only available in for version 4.0. After that they have upgraded it to NAV 2009.
    I am quite sure that in between nothing has changed.
    Luc van Vugt, fluxxus.nl
    Never stop learning
    Van Vugt's dynamiXs
    Dutch Dynamics Community
  • rhpntrhpnt Member Posts: 688
    cveale wrote:
    So my question is, has anything changed in Service Management from 4.0 to NAV 2009 Classic Client ? So I am thinking of just giving my client the 4.0 manuals for the NAV 2009 Classic Client for Service Management.

It changed a lot!
    Are you trying to say that you sold NAV6 and don't even know what has changed since v4!?

You'll find many docs on Partnersource.
  • lvanvugtlvanvugt Member Posts: 774
    Thanx for correcting me. You are right! Sorry fot the confusion (I guess I was not yet fully awake yet)
    Luc van Vugt, fluxxus.nl
    Never stop learning
    Van Vugt's dynamiXs
    Dutch Dynamics Community
  • cvealecveale Member Posts: 135
    An existing customer has NAV 6.0 and they want to start using Service Management in the Classic Client. But I can only find user manuals going back to version 4.

One question on the email warning setup, I can't seem to get this to work. I have response time and email's set up in the serv. mgt. setup, but it doesn't automatically email like the manual says it should.

Is there more setup I need to do ?
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    You need to use the job queue with NAS to auto send e-mails.
  • cvealecveale Member Posts: 135
    Do know how to set this up ? Is there a manual for it ? i can't find anything.