Options

Multiple RTC Databases

sabzamsabzam Member Posts: 1,149
edited 2011-03-26 in NAV Three Tier
Dear All,

I require to install multiple NAV databases on the same server and using the RTC to connect to them. I have managed to install the sql databases and conenct to them using the NAV Classic view. What should I do to connect using the RTC as there is just one single file of CustomSettings.config?

Comments

• Options
    Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    The procedure is explained in the on-line help. Lookup this Walkthrough: Walkthrough: Accessing Multiple Microsoft Dynamics NAV Databases from a Single Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server Computer
    In Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009, to connect to more than one database from the same computer running Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server, you must create two distinct instances of Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server. You cannot create the second instance using Microsoft Dynamics NAV Setup.

The computer running Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server is the middle tier between the client and the database and runs as a service within the Windows Communication Framework. Before you can connect the RoleTailored client to a second database through a single Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server computer, you must create a second Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server service on that server computer.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • Options
    sabzamsabzam Member Posts: 1,149
    Hi Luc,

First of all thanks for your help as you've directed me exactly to what I needed. I have followed the instructions to the letter but the following error is arising: Could not start the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server Instance 2 on Local Computer. Error 1068: the dependency service or group failed to start.

By any chance have you got any idea what this may be as I have been looking for an answer for ages but so far still didn't manage to solve it.
  • Options
    Searching the forum, I found this topic which deals with the same error message: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=13568&hilit=Error+1068

Make sure the "Net. Tcp Port Sharing Services" service is started.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • Options
    julkifli33julkifli33 Member Posts: 1,073
    my step is
    1. copy your Service folder in the same path, and then rename it become Service2
    2. create new Service to execute that path
    3. change port number, don't be the same as another service
  • Options
    aavioaavio Member Posts: 143
    thanks Luc, walkthrough helped me =D> :D

Walkthrough: Accessing Multiple Microsoft Dynamics NAV Databases from a Single Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server Computer
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd301437.aspx
    aav!o
  • Options
    i have succeed install multiple database in my machine
    but in another pc is.... failed
    sc \\MYCOMPUTERNAME create MicrosoftDynamicsNAVServer$NAV2 binpath= "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\60\Service2\Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Server.exe $NAV2" DisplayName= "Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server Instance 2" start= auto type= own depend= NetTcpPortSharing

it was said "Access denied"
    why?
  • Options
    [SC] OpenSCManager FAILED 5:
    Access is denied.
  • Options
    julkifli33 wrote:
    [SC] OpenSCManager FAILED 5:
    Access is denied.
    Is this a solution http://social.technet.microsoft.com/For ... 84b409326f ?