Launch navision screen automatically in a terminal server.

derkderk Member Posts: 11
We currently run Nav 4.0 SP3 and use it in Citrix Metaframe XP 1.0 on server 2003. We will be having some users logging into Wyse thin clients. I Know i can setup the thin client to automatically launch Navi, but is there a way to have it automatically bring up an entry screen for them instead of them opening the company?

Thank you.

Comments

• bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    You can specify the company to open as a parameter of the NAV command. See the install manual for details
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • derkderk Member Posts: 11
    What about getting it to bring up a certian screen?
  • geronimogeronimo Member Posts: 90
    if you want to open a certain screen you can make a shortcut with the link you find in navision

on the screen you want to open go to File --> Send --> Link to...(had to check in a 5.0 client)

then you have a link to open that screen from anywhere and all you have to do is start this shortcut

for example: this opens the chart of accounts screen
    navision://client/run?servername=servername%26database=database%26company=Company%26target=Form%2016%26view=SORTING(Field1)%26position=Field1=0(1)%26servertype=MSSQL

• derkderk Member Posts: 11
    This would work in 4.0 also?
    derk wrote:

In versions prior to 5.0 you can specify that form as the user's main menu
  • geronimogeronimo Member Posts: 90
    bbrown wrote:
    derk wrote:

As far as i know this is in versions older then 4.0. From 4 on you have the menusuites.

it should als work in nav 4.0 (just checked on a 4 SP3 client)
    only prerequisite that i know of is that the 4.0 client is the default navision client used on the machine. (otherwise he will try to open with another version and say that the database needs to be converted)
    geronimo wrote:
    bbrown wrote:
    derk wrote:

As far as i know this is in versions older then 4.0. From 4 on you have the menusuites.

it should als work in nav 4.0 (just checked on a 4 SP3 client)
    only prerequisite that i know of is that the 4.0 client is the default navision client used on the machine. (otherwise he will try to open with another version and say that the database needs to be converted)

I sometimes loose track of when new features were introduced. It all blurs together after a while. :?

Anyways, this "feature" is easily reintroduced to newer version (non RTC) with a minor modification to "User Setup" and CU1.