Manufacturing variance and capacity

AlexWileyAlexWiley Member Posts: 230
Hello all,

I have two questions about manufacturing variance. If I have a routing that says a work center should be used for 10 minutes, but during consumption I actually post 20, where can I go back and easily see that it took twice as long as planned for that work center operation? I don't see the original value in the capacity ledger or anywhere on the finished production order. Do we have to add fields for 'original setup time' 'original run time' etc to see this? Seems like something every manufacturing environment would need to report on but I don't see an easy way to see this information.

Also, when I increase the times established on the routing then post output, nothing is posted to capacity variance, so when is that account used? Capacity variance is not discussed in any of the manufacturing manuals, I or II.

Thanks/Tak/Danke/Gracias :-D

Comments

• mstallmannmstallmann Member Posts: 138
    If the routing lines for the order were not changed, this would be where the original time would be stored.

For variances, if you are using standard costing, a costing variance $ will be posted once the production order is completely finished.
  • srinivas.chittemsrinivas.chittem Member Posts: 142
    Hi Alex,

Check the Manufacturing Costing Material for detail variance(Std.costing) explanation. Also you can check Inventory costing material for basics of Standard costing method.
    Regards,
    srinivas
    "Delighting Customers.... Through Delivery Excellence" .