Excel Mapping Tool-import to Vendor Bank Account w/Excel07

phill01phill01 Member Posts: 10
User is trying to import using the Excel Mapping Tool to the Vendor Bank Account Table (288).
Import starts but we then get no messages and the import does not bring any data into table.
In addition, Excel remains in the task manager. (Similar to another post on exporting data).

We are on 4.00 SP3 and can successfully import to other tables (we did the Vendor table - 23 earlier today).

I ran the import in debug mode and found within code unit 8601 (Mapping Handle) the system is finding the workbook. It only has one sheet we want to import from, so it is hitting the "If not Multiple Import" logicof the Sheet Imported function.
When it gets to the test If ISCLEAR(XLApp) the value is Unknown Automation Server.Application.
It gets into the SheetActivated function but the found value remains at 'No'. It then gets into the SETRANGE logic of the FORM 8601.

Can anyone help on this? I believe I read somewhere that a form should not be "SHOWN" in another post?

Update: The user exported this table using the Excel Mapping Tool to a spreadsheet. It exported fine. He then took the file that the mapping tool created, put the information into it that he originally tried importing (including adding some columns) used it as the source for the Excel Mapping Tool import and it worked fine. We don't know why, but it is a workaround.

Answers

• AndwianAndwian Member Posts: 627
    If you use the Data Migration in NAV 5 upward, you MUST use the exported Excel file to import the record, since there are XML structure in the exported Excel that should be used when importing.
    Regards,
    Andwian
  • phill01phill01 Member Posts: 10
    Thanks for your response. It's odd that we didn't have to do this for all tables, but it's great to have additional information on what is happening with the tool.