Item Tracking

JackelJackel Member Posts: 32
Hi clever peoples,

I have been battling for the last week, trying to STOP Nav V6 Classic from inserting the Lot tracking entries on the sales line tracking when posting a production output.

The sales line item does not have any Item tracking setups assigned on the item card.
The component item is Lot Specific.

Please help,

Many thanks.

Comments

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    The data is stored in reservation entry table. If you can give us more info on what/why are trying to do this, we can help you further.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • JackelJackel Member Posts: 32
    On manufacturing the finished item, (which is one sales line with qty = 100) they can use components from multiple lot numbers. The finished item's output entries will be one record for each lot number consumed. For example: Lot001 = 30, Lot002 = 70. The system inserts Lot001 = 30 as the item tracking entry on the sales line. The reserved qty on sales line = 100. Now we have a scenario where the tracking is short assigned of 70. The finished item should not enforce Lot No on Outbound entries since it has no Item Tracking rules specified. :?
  • AndwianAndwian Member Posts: 627
    Do not use any Item Tracking code on the Finished Good.
    Or use the Item Tracking Code that has the Lot Sales Tracking (Outbound) deactivated.
    Regards,
    Andwian
  • JackelJackel Member Posts: 32
    Thank you for all your help.

It seemed that everytime the system generated the production order, it made a specific reservation.
    Binding = Order-to-Order.

At the moment I am going through the coding in detail to see where I can change it from Specific reservation for Item-tracked entry to a non-specific reservation.