System Get No. Series From Previous Periode

riaria Member Posts: 43
Hi,

Our customer (NAV 4 SP 3) use No Series for Posted Sales Invoice, where it will be uniquely for every month, with the ex like this
Starting Date Starting No. Ending No.
07/01/10 (m/d/y) PSI-1007-00001 PSI-1007-99999
08/01/10 PSI-1008-00001 PSI-1008-99999
Normally, if i create sales invoice on July 5'th and posting it, system will get no PSI-1007-0000x on the Posted Sales Invoice, also if i create on August 6'th, system get PSI-1008-0000x.
But, it recent times, we often found on the posted invoice with posting date ex August 7'th, use PSI-1007-0000x.
It's look like the system doesn't read the starting date.
Can help me about this.
Thanks & Regards

Ria

Comments

• navuser1navuser1 Member Posts: 1,329
    ria wrote:
    Hi,

Our customer (NAV 4 SP 3) use No Series for Posted Sales Invoice, where it will be uniquely for every month, with the ex like this
    Starting Date Starting No. Ending No.
    07/01/10 (m/d/y) PSI-1007-00001 PSI-1007-99999
    08/01/10 PSI-1008-00001 PSI-1008-99999
    Normally, if i create sales invoice on July 5'th and posting it, system will get no PSI-1007-0000x on the Posted Sales Invoice, also if i create on August 6'th, system get PSI-1008-0000x.
    But, it recent times, we often found on the posted invoice with posting date ex August 7'th, use PSI-1007-0000x.
    It's look like the system doesn't read the starting date.
    Can help me about this.

This will help you

(No. Series Line)
    Now or Never
  • riaria Member Posts: 43
    Thx

ya setting like this, and got a wrong no series sometimes.
    Thanks & Regards

Ria
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    ria wrote:
    Thx

ya setting like this, and got a wrong no series sometimes.

Standard NAV assigns the posting number at the time of posting of sales/purchase order in the sales/purchase header. The number is used for creating Sales/Purch. Invoice header. The assignment of value is commited before the completion of posting process. If an error is encountered after commit and NAV does a roll back, the posting number is not rolled back :bug: . Now if the user changes the posting date you will have wrong number series assigned (because the posting number is already assigned).
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
    ssingla wrote:

Standard NAV assigns the posting number at the time of posting of sales/purchase order in the sales/purchase header. The number is used for creating Sales/Purch. Invoice header. The assignment of value is commited before the completion of posting process. If an error is encountered after commit and NAV does a roll back, the posting number is not rolled back :bug: . Now if the user changes the posting date you will have wrong number series assigned (because the posting number is already assigned).

Thx Ssingla. So, if this is a :bug: , can you give me a link to download the bugfix from the support site.
    Or if doesn't, any other idea to prevent get wrong number again?
    Thanks & Regards

Ria
  • navuser1navuser1 Member Posts: 1,329
    Thx Ssingla. So, if this is a :bug: , can you give me a link to download the bugfix from the support site.
    Or if doesn't, any other idea to prevent get wrong number again

I think there is no bugfix support from MS side.
    Now or Never
    So, any other idea to solved this problem???
    Thanks & Regards

Ria
    Hi all,

Can help me on this case??/
    Thanks & Regards

Ria
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    You can put some validation code to stop change of posting date if "Posting No" exist in the record.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • AndwianAndwian Member Posts: 627
    Did you get any error message before succesfully posted it?

If yes, maybe the cause is just like Ssingla said:
    ssingla wrote:
    Standard NAV assigns the posting number at the time of posting of sales/purchase order in the sales/purchase header. The number is used for creating Sales/Purch. Invoice header. The assignment of value is commited before the completion of posting process. If an error is encountered after commit and NAV does a roll back, the posting number is not rolled back . Now if the user changes the posting date you will have wrong number series assigned (because the posting number is already assigned).

My idea would be: :idea:
    Soon after you click the Post button, validate the Posting No. Series. If it is filled, simply delete it, and then advance the posting routine. It should take the new Posting No. Series based on your Posting Date now.

or

Just when posting, validate the Posting Date whether it match with the Posting No. Series.
    Regards,
    Andwian