Options

NAV 2009 R2

Rob_HansenRob_Hansen Member Posts: 296
edited 2010-09-29 in NAV Three Tier
Does anybody have any details on functionality changes coming in the role tailored client as part of NAV 2009 R2? I have the high-level changes (CRM connector, RTC over internet, etc.) but no details on smaller changes within the RTC. I expect Microsoft wants to announce details at Directions (I hope so!) but I have to quote an implementation project this week. One of the gaps is the inability to copy/paste records (in journals, etc.) like you can in the classic client. I don't want to quote custom work here if NAV 2009 R2 will add this ability to the executable for the RTC. They won't be going live until after it comes out anyway, so we will just note that that is being addressed in the (presumably) December release.

If anyone has any details on this, specifically the copy/paste functionality, I would GREATLY appreciate knowing about it.

Comments

• Options
    beranberan Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 80
    The content of R2 is planned to be informed at Directions.
    Eric Beran
    Software Design Engineer II
    Dynamics NAV Office 365
    Microsoft

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
  • Options
    SimonWSimonW Member Posts: 77
    You might also want to look at training.partner.microsoft.com if you are a Dynamics partner.
    There are already a couple of "hot topic" broadcasts for 2009 r2
  • Options
    Rob_HansenRob_Hansen Member Posts: 296
    Thanks beran. I was hoping to find out on this one sooner, but we're just going to have to quote the customer on a custom function for copy/paste and deal with them screaming at us because they have to pay for something that basic. :)

I checked the hot topics, but they are (so far) just related to the high-level features (client over the internet, etc.). No details on RTC executable changes. :(