Print record in a section Vertically

vijay_gvijay_g Member Posts: 884
can someone give me the link so that i could be print detail like this

item no. 101 102 103
Name test1 test2 test3
BUOM kg kg Ltr
Inventory 100 200 300

earlier i have found it here but now i am not able to serach it.

Comments

• BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    you have to populate a temporary table of the item, with the fields you want, then print your item temptable through an integer dataitem (filtered by const(1)).
    in the sections you draw a number of textboxes based on how many fields you want, with a sourceexpr like

TXTItemNo (1024 characters)
    TXTItemName (1024 characters)

in the onaftergetrecord of the integer table, you loop into your item temptable, and concatenate the fields in your variables like this:
    repeat
    Txtitemno += tbitemtemp."no." + ' - ';
    Txtitemname += tbitemtemp.description + ' - ';
    until tbitemtemp.next = 0;

and pray to not overcome the 1024 characters (or cut the string at the 1024th character).
    P.S.: you can use more than one text variable per field (txtitemno1,txtitemno2) or an array, and concatenate them in the sourceexpression, if you expect to overcome the text limit.
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    Belias wrote:
    and pray to not overcome the 1024 characters (or cut the string at the 1024th character).
    REPEAT
      FinalString := COPYSTR(FinalString + StringToAdd, 1, MAXSTRLEN(FinalString));
    UNTIL ((Your_Normal_Stop_Condition) OR (STRLEN(FinalString) = MAXSTRLEN(FinalString) );

That will make sure you never copy too much and avoids looping more times than is needed (Wouldn't want to reach the limit and try to copy 10,000 more characters, for example).
  • navuser1navuser1 Member Posts: 1,329
    I have done this kind of report few month ago.
    To do this I have taken Temporary Record as an ARRAY Variable.

It will be interesting when No Of records (to be prented) are more than No of Columns. :lol:
    Now or Never
  • BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    navuser1 wrote:
    It will be interesting when No Of records (to be prented) are more than No of Columns. :lol:
    yep, that's why I suggested to concatenate the field values in one textbox only
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • vijay_gvijay_g Member Posts: 884
    Belias wrote:
    navuser1 wrote:
    yep, that's why I suggested to concatenate the field values in one textbox only

Thanks to all..
    it's not a typical job to do because i have fixed two column and four rows(eight record) in every page. i was just looking
    the object here that i have seen earlier it was perfact.

Note--that object gives you choice also to fillup(no of column with maximum 5 limit) runtime that how many column you want to display for a page.
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Report 5610 "Fixed Asset - G/L Analysis" can be a good starting point.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in