ZUP File does not work after Upgrade t0 SQL 2008

gadzilla1gadzilla1 Member Posts: 316
Hello all,

We are running NAV 4.03 objects with NAV 2009 executable.

I upgraded from SQL 2005 to SQL 2008 this weekend and our ZUP files now do not work.

I know this is most likely due to the fact I changed the server name (not the database or company names). I think that's what did it...

Does anyone know how to 'hack' a ZUP file so that the old ZUPs read the new server name? Or, has anyone encountered this issue and have additional input?

Thanks for any help. Chris

Comments

• diptish.naskardiptish.naskar Member Posts: 360
    Can you specify the exact error message that you are getting.
    Diptish Naskar
    For any queries you can also visit my blog site: http://msnavarena.blogspot.com/
  • gadzilla1gadzilla1 Member Posts: 316
    There is no error, the ZUP file restore 'process' works (that is no errors). Since the server name differs, no information is transferred back with the restore.

I'm hoping someone has had this issue and can reply... [-o<
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    You don't mention what exactly is your problem, I think there are 2 possible problems.

1) the zup-files should keep their setup of the objects even when changing SQL server, so this should not be a problem. If it is, it is because they have been damaged or NAV doesn't find them anymore.

2) (I think this is your problem). The latest connections are also saved in the zup-file. And if you change servername, they are lost. The trick is to use shortcuts to the navsql.exe file and to put parameters in it that point directly to the zup-file, the DB to be opened, the company to be opened, the nettype to be used, the logintype to be used.
    Example : c:\....\finsql.exe NTAUTHENTICATION=0, NETTYPE=TCP, servername=YourServerOrIP, database=YourDB, COMPANY="Your Company", ID="C:\DB\CC\ZUP\%username%2009SP1.zup"
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!